BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 17T front sprocket/Pinion for my 310R. Curious if it helps highspeed
travel. I know 1st gear will be really tall now but highway 65mph isnt alot of fun.
Has anyone tried this and what was your results? Thanks.
BTW I swapped to aftermarket pipe "Dominator" It seems to have alot more grunt
or its my imagination. I dont ever stall it anymore in first with the new exhaust.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This article has some info:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve received the 17tooth sprocket and installed it. Very easy, three Allen bolts for
Plastic cover. Adjust chain tensioner bolts on both swing arms. Loosen axle nut. Remove front sprocket nut and pull off the sprocket.
Swap new sprocket and reverse the steps. Blue lock tight on sprocket nut. Grease on new sprocket.
I only have an open faced helmet and to cold for highway travel. Drove it around the neighborhood and it seems good,

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve received the 17tooth sprocket and installed it. Very easy, three Allen bolts for
Plastic cover. Adjust chain tensioner bolts on both swing arms. Loosen axle nut. Remove front sprocket nut and pull off the sprocket.
Swap new sprocket and reverse the steps. Blue lock tight on sprocket nut. Grease on new sprocket.
I only have an open faced helmet and to cold for highway travel. Drove it around the neighborhood and it seems good,
Hi where did you get it from?
I've read that 17 tooth sprocket didn't fit, is it ok?
Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
I swapped mine. Fit perfect, made the first 3 gears not so crammed together and it's much more comfortable on the freeway. Dropped the rpms by about 750 in the top gear and hardly affected acceleration.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts