BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it would be good to start a thread on the Tail Tidy Kits available for the 310R/GS.

Only kits I've seen so far is the R&G and Yoshimura.

Does anyone know of any other kits available?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I believe Evotech Performance was offering a tail tidy as well, but it doesn't look like they have any in stock. I too am curious what the Yoshimura one looks like. Haven't been able to find it anywhere.

·
Registered
469 Posts
There are some universal ones on E-bay. Looks fairly easy to mount. Relocates the plate, brake light closer to the rack (duh, obviously).
If I recall they were about $30. The bike still retains the original seat bottom plastic liner thing. For what R&G wants for their tail tidy,
it should include installation. ��

E-Bay item number 132295107316.
$26.59 US
Free shipping, five colors, aluminum, and yes, from China.

Reactions: angiedave

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've ordered the R&G one but have been waiting over a month for it now just to be delivered to the supplier. Must be a shortage with the kits.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have a photo of the Evotech Performance TT?

·
Registered
340 Posts
There are some universal ones on E-bay. Looks fairly easy to mount. Relocates the plate, brake light closer to the rack (duh, obviously).
If I recall they were about $30. The bike still retains the original seat bottom plastic liner thing. For what R&G wants for their tail tidy,
it should include installation. ��

E-Bay item number 132295107316.
$26.59 US
Free shipping, five colors, aluminum, and yes, from China.
Looks like it only has a place for the turn signals, and the license plate light. There's no where to mount this massive OEM brake light. Looks like they're made for bikes with the brake light integrated in the tail section.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just finished putting the Yoshi kit on, not overly impressed. The four license frame holes align with the indicator bracket holes, but the frame doesn't match up with Canadian plates, so you have to decide how you want to attack that problem, and do some fabrication, drilling, cutting...or a combination of the three if you are in the same boat. I abandoned the Yoshi frame altogether. You also have to permanently hack up the underside plastic of the bike to install the kit, largely by trial and error and multiple trimmings, so there is no going back to stock. Looks great now (added the R&G aero indicators too) but it's a little more involved to install than I had expected.

·
Registered
99 Posts
We have used the R&G Tail tidy on both our test G310GS bikes, they are good to fit, but we found with off-road use they fractured after a while, so losing the rear licence plate, so we developed a stainless steel brace to stiffen the assembly, and we supply this with the kit.

LINK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts