BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a reasonably sized tank bag for my 310GS. Has anyone found one that they really like for this bike?

cheers
Bruce

·
Registered
213 Posts
SW Motech Quick Lock EVO tank bags are very nice. Bought mine from Revzilla. I have the Micro bag (2.5 - 5 liters) and it's almost perfect for daily use. I plan on supplementing the Micro with the EVO Daypack (5 - 9 liters) for rides that might require more capacity for stuff.

Quality is first class although mounting the nylon base to the bag is a minor hassle. On the positive side mounting flexibility means the bag can be positioned so that it doesn't interfere with handle bars when turned full lock. Mounting the Quick Lock ring that fits around the fuel filler is straight forward. Bottom line is the work is worth the effort. The bag mounts securely yet detaches easily (pull a small lanyard at the front of the bag) and has a carry handle. The bag also comes with a rain cover. Good value for the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Givi ST602 Sport-T tanklock tank bag, on a tanklock flange specific to the bike.
It lives permanently on the bike and has room for all the important little things I carry daily, plus spare room for whatever small things crop up.
Nice tidy package and easy to pop off when refuelling.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Wolfman "Blackhawk" on mine. Small, but large enough for what I need to have up front. It's a strap-on bag and swaps back and forth with my Tiger Explorer.

·
Registered
155 Posts
BMW's own is a nice expandable tank bag made especially for the G. Pricing is surprising. Rode in a couple of hours ago from a thousand miles of mountain riding with the bag as luggage.

Bob

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wolfman "Blackhawk" on mine. Small, but large enough for what I need to have up front. It's a strap-on bag and swaps back and forth with my Tiger Explorer.

I like the way the bag follows the slope of the tank. And Wolfman makes good stuff. But, I couldn't help noticing that someone left a small casket on your bike while you weren't looking. :grin2:0:):grin2::wink2:

·
Registered
84 Posts
SW Motech Quick Lock EVO tank bags are very nice. Bought mine from Revzilla. I have the Micro bag (2.5 - 5 liters) and it's almost perfect for daily use. I plan on supplementing the Micro with the EVO Daypack (5 - 9 liters) for rides that might require more capacity for stuff.

Quality is first class although mounting the nylon base to the bag is a minor hassle. On the positive side mounting flexibility means the bag can be positioned so that it doesn't interfere with handle bars when turned full lock. Mounting the Quick Lock ring that fits around the fuel filler is straight forward. Bottom line is the work is worth the effort. The bag mounts securely yet detaches easily (pull a small lanyard at the front of the bag) and has a carry handle. The bag also comes with a rain cover. Good value for the money in my opinion.
Hi Arion,

I am considering the same 2 bags, do you have photos of how they sit on the bike? Thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
I couldn't help noticing that someone left a small casket on your bike while you weren't looking.
Gotta keep the bodies somewhere.

I've since added two more. Bodies keep piling up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts