BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was the lower part of the tank fairing. If I did not wash my bike today, I dont even notice it. I know, probably it was my fault. But I never crashed or hit anything. Maybe it was some bumpy road. I think I probably will paste a layer of epoxy first.

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
It was the lower part of the tank fairing. If I did not wash my bike today, I dont even notice it. I know, probably it was my fault. But I never crashed or hit anything. Maybe it was some bumpy road. I think I probably will paste a layer of epoxy first.
my tank faring is also cracked. it just came that way from the factory, but I only noticed it later on. it is probably not a big deal, but still annoying. also 2 bolts were missing. welcome to India.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If it is still under warranty take it back to the dealer. It probably has been over tightened in a service or during assembly.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is still under warranty take it back to the dealer. It probably has been over tightened in a service or during assembly.
Guess who is the last idiot tighten those bolts? Me:crying: Maybe the plastics are too flimsy maybe it was me tighten them too hard. But this part is facing the ground, so wont be a problem to me. I have already paste some expoxy, it seems it was solid enough.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Guess who is the last idiot tighten those bolts? Me:crying: Maybe the plastics are too flimsy maybe it was me tighten them too hard. But this part is facing the ground, so wont be a problem to me. I have already paste some expoxy, it seems it was solid enough.
what kind of epoxy did you use? i also have a crack on the fearing. i don't think dealer will honour warranty in this case, as they could say that the bike was dropped.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what kind of epoxy did you use? i also have a crack on the fearing. i don't think dealer will honour warranty in this case, as they could say that the bike was dropped.
Just some regular LOCTIE epoxy you usually got from the hardware store. I let it dry for 2 days, it seems it is pretty solid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts