BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 G310R
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
Can anyone who lives in a moderate to high temperature area talk about the temperature of their bike in traffic conditions? Mine stays at a nice 85° C if it's low traffic conditions and lower on highways, but if I am forced to drive in 2nd and 3rd gears at speeds below 40-50 kmph for a while, it shoots up to above 95°C easily and touches 100,105 the moment I idle it after that. This is only when the ambient temp is above 30°C though. Maybe it's my riding technique, but just wanted to see if that's acceptable as I didn't expect it to heat up that easy.

I also noted intense vibrations and a cranky noise at 4k-5k rpm range. Especially in 2nd and 3rd gears. The sound and vibration gets very distracting even if I go even just above 27kmph in 2nd gear. I know I should be comfortable taking it until 40 in 2nd gear,but I am not due to the sound and it's still in ride in period. Holding the throttle and using the rear view mirrors gets hard at that vibration.I tried checking my clutch handling and shifting techniques, I asked others try the bike too and they felt the same.

It's only been 15 days since I got the bike, yet to go for the first service and the bike only has 350 kms on odo as of now. Should I be worrying about whether I messed up the initial ride in period, or wait until after the first service?

Thank you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,
Can anyone who lives in a moderate to high temperature area talk about the temperature of their bike in traffic conditions? Mine stays at a nice 85° C if it's low traffic conditions and lower on highways, but if I am forced to drive in 2nd and 3rd gears at speeds below 40-50 kmph for a while, it shoots up to above 95°C easily and touches 100,105 the moment I idle it after that. This is only when the ambient temp is above 30°C though. Maybe it's my riding technique, but just wanted to see if that's acceptable as I didn't expect it to heat up that easy.

I also noted intense vibrations and a cranky noise at 4k-5k rpm range. Especially in 2nd and 3rd gears. The sound and vibration gets very distracting even if I go even just above 27kmph in 2nd gear. I know I should be comfortable taking it until 40 in 2nd gear,but I am not due to the sound and it's still in ride in period. Holding the throttle and using the rear view mirrors gets hard at that vibration.I tried checking my clutch handling and shifting techniques, I asked others try the bike too and they felt the same.

It's only been 15 days since I got the bike, yet to go for the first service and the bike only has 350 kms on odo as of now. Should I be worrying about whether I messed up the initial ride in period, or wait until after the first service?

Thank you
I'm too from HYDERABAD, INDIA. I too own the G310R.
All the issues you mentioned are normal. The heat will do down after 1st service. Expect it all the other you mentioned are with the bike. Its all for us!
Reach out to me at @ashok_buttowski on instagram for further clarifications.

·
Registered
2021 G310R
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm too from HYDERABAD, INDIA. I too own the G310R.
All the issues you mentioned are normal. The heat will do down after 1st service. Expect it all the other you mentioned are with the bike. Its all for us!
Reach out to me at @ashok_buttowski on instagram for further clarifications.
Thanks a lot! That's very reassuring. Done with my first service just yesterday. It definitely rides much smoother.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts