BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think journalists are starting to test ride the g310r because I found this picture on instagram that was posted 2 days ago. Pretty sure dealerships don't put number stickers on the front fender. We could be seeing some reviews soon!

·
Registered
707 Posts
I think those test bikes are in Europe. People there have been posting pictures of themselves on the g310r. It's going to be a while until they hit NA shores.

·
Registered
577 Posts
There's still a chance that BMW is still testing them in North America but we'll only find out if they want us to find out or if someone 'happens' to spot them.

·
Registered
577 Posts
If they are testers then have a look into where journalists are going to test these and if you happen to live in that market then it means some discounted G310R's for you!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I actually really wonder what they do with these. Because technically they're considered used... so do they really just sell them back to people who want to buy a used one for a discounted price ?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, those test bikes are generally scrapped and not sold to the public. Seems a waste but that's how it is in the industry. I'm sure someone out there would want a discounted g310r but BMW just won't do it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
On top of that, how would they justify who gets a discounted one. Especially when launching a bike, you can't just have a select 15-20 that you're willing to throw out there for anywhere under sticker price. Just doesn't make sense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts