BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

DOES BMW GIVE NEW BIKE FROM STOCK OR THEY RESET ODOMETER AND FAKE US THE TEST BIKE LI

• YES THEY WILL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO THEY WONT

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ODOMETER ON BMW CAN BE RESET BUT THEY DON'T FAKE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I recently went to bmw showroom to buy G 310 R. I've test rided and confirmed a booking but the problem is how can I know whether it is the bike used for test ride or a new bike from stock???

CAN WE RESET THE G 310 R ODOMETER & MAKE IT SEEM LIKE A NEW ONE???

HELP ASAP IS APPRECIATED
THANKS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Depending on your country/state laws, a new bike has to have a minimum number of km/miles.
If it is a BMW Authorised dealer, they shouldnt be trying to pass off an old bike for a new one.
They could buy a new instrument cluster and install it, but dude, its a BMW dealer. A used bike place might do that but why bother.
If its clean and smells like a new bike, chances are its a new bike. New bikes have a distinctive smell.

Hi guys,
I recently went to bmw showroom to buy G 310 R. I've test rided and confirmed a booking but the problem is how can I know whether it is the bike used for test ride or a new bike from stock???

HELP ASAP IS APPRECIATED
THANKS.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi guys,

HELP ASAP IS APPRECIATED
THANKS.

Unless they fit new tyres you'll be able to tell if any real mileage has been covered.

·
Super Moderator
877 Posts
Look at the kms that the bike has done, a new bike would have limited kms <80km.

They would also tell you if it's a demo bike or if it's new.

·
Registered
134 Posts
He wants to know if the test ride bike (demo) is the bike they are selling him OR is he getting a new one.

Look at the last 4 numbers on the VIN on the test bike and compare that to the new bike. The new bike would be different.

Also if yoy are ordering a different color, no worries. A dealer is generally only going to have 1 demo bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He wants to know if the test ride bike (demo) is the bike they are selling him OR is he getting a new one.

Look at the last 4 numbers on the VIN on the test bike and compare that to the new bike. The new bike would be different.

Also if yoy are ordering a different color, no worries. A dealer is generally only going to have 1 demo bike.

They have 3 test ride bikes of the color im going to buy, so i they won't let me out to check them all...
Thats the prob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts