BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the risers are on the bike now 25mm or 1inch higher than stock ,it feels nice and half an hour work well worth it

·
Registered
124 Posts
I too have just added some risers.I found that my wrists were aching (especially the right one) after a lengthy journey. These are also 1 inch high 25 mm and the extra height has lessened the strain on the wrists. I also find that my posture when sat on the bike, is somehow, more relaxed.
These are plain stainless steel, straight risers and i had to buy longer bolts to fit, M10 x 90mm, but then found that I had to 'Contour' the allen bolt heads to lie flush with the handlebar 'Tree' so that the bars, when reinstalled, sat correctly in the handlebar 'tree'. (see diagram). A bit of a chore grinding these bolts down but worth it in the end.
I Tried to locate these risers (actually they are called Stand Off Spacers) in this size- 25 mm High, 25 mm Dia and an Internal diameter of 10 mm, but the only ones I could find were 25mm x 25mmx 12mm. Total cost of risers and bolts (I already had some 10mm nuts and washers) including P+P was about £15.
I was going to buy professional ones from the big company whose name starts with a W (big in Germany and the USA) and the cost seemed reasonable at first but when they added on P+P for here in the UK the price was closes to £50, and as I'm an old skinflint, I'll make do with these, at least for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
if you are going to use inox bolts, put also some thread glue, as these bolts have not the same ''bite'' as the softer metals (iron, ergal, etc.)

·
Registered
49 Posts
May I know what's the brand of your risers? Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So the risers are on the bike now 25mm or 1inch higher than stock ,it feels nice and half an hour work well worth it
Hi, everyone. It may sound dumb but I do not know what diameter the handlebars are? 1"? I also wonder if anyone has tried to raise the bars even more, like 2"? Rox makes a riser which will do that. Worried about the cables.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually 22mm or 7/8" bar diameter. I was thinking of the Wunderlich risers that move up about 40 mm and back same amount for my old bones.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Actually 22mm or 7/8" bar diameter. I was thinking of the Wunderlich risers that move up about 40 mm and back same amount for my old bones.
Yes, you are right, 7/8 inch. Finally found a caliper. I'm thinking about the same or more. I think to stand on the pegs I'd like more but am worried about the cable length.

Also, has anyone found any good off-road foot pegs for the 310GS? I have some from Black Dog on my 1200 GS and love them but they said they have no plans to make them (or anything else for that matter) for 310.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lastly (for now!) I am ordering the Rumbux medium duty skid plate and crash bars. $575 to your door. I will let everyone know how it goes. If anyone happens to have experience with this (South African) company it would be helpful. Sorry for all the posts today but I picked up my 310 GS yesterday and I'm eager to adapt it to my needs, as I have my 1200 GS.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
So, did you have to move/reroute any cables? With the 1" rise, would you guess that this is maximum or could I get even more? I am 1m85cm, o 6'1". I really feel hunched over on the 310GS. I'd like to bring it up as much as possible but don't want to replace the cables. I don't mind rerouting a bit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Do you have any assurance that the 40mm Wunderlich will work without replacing cables? Thanks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts