BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well my bar is still 7/8" so diameter is not an issue. It's only that I can't screw the barkbuster because the bolt is too short to use with the weights and without the weights (used more like a spacer) the levers hit the barkbusters. I basically have 2 options. A longer screw or new levers. I guess I could also cut the weights a little shorter.
OK, I thought you used the tapered bar. Thanks anyway. I emailed rally raid recently, they said the tapered bar has low vibration, so they did not include bar end weight.Or probably the tapered bar does not allow.But I saw the barkbuster has its own barend weight you can add.

·
Registered
752 Posts
the aluminium bars vibrate less so they do not need weights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put MT07 bars on, huge difference. Took me about an hour all up.

Reactions: Microto

·
Registered
3 Posts
What's the difference in the overall width?
Any other differences?

Chris
Hey mate, sorry I made a post the other day replying to you but it appears that it never got approved by the admin.

The bars make a huge difference, especially if you are not as tall as myself, these bars are for a shorter rider that also rides this bike, they're a massive improvement.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bad Luck (or bad wife, not sure which)-
I came home yesterday to find my brand new 310GS laying on it's side, inside the garage. Wife says she had to get to something behind it but swears she didn't make contact.
Be that as it may. I now have a Front Brake lever that is snapped off about 25 mil shorter than the other, and a bent handlebar--not horrifically bent, but well out of line.
Q: Which are the best replacement bars to go with, and how awful is the actual process of replacing them?

-Had to include a pic of bike. Kind of like a new child, but it has as of yet to vomit on me.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks. Just got back from the shop with a Pro-Taper ADV bend. Stayed with the 7/8ths, but these bars have a taller rise and less sweep, so it should be better for when I get onto B-roads and trails. Going to head out to the garage and see if I can get this done. ...Fingers crossed!

·
Super Moderator
1,074 Posts
Bad Luck (or bad wife, not sure which)-
I came home yesterday to find my brand new 310GS laying on it's side, inside the garage. Wife says she had to get to something behind it but swears she didn't make contact.
Be that as it may. I now have a Front Brake lever that is snapped off about 25 mil shorter than the other, and a bent handlebar--not horrifically bent, but well out of line.
Q: Which are the best replacement bars to go with, and how awful is the actual process of replacing them?

-Had to include a pic of bike. Kind of like a new child, but it has as of yet to vomit on me.
Definitely bad luck, Don't think it was your wife's fault, the GS stands way too upright, a stiff breeze could tip them over! You might want to consider shortening the stand to prevent it from happening again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Gregtixa looks like you've got a clean work done with your handle bar.
I had the same issues I went down with my GS 310 and bended pretty bad my handle bar, I was able to put it back in place just to come back, that helped to realize original handle bars are like butter.
Do you have the link of the rizoma one you bought and installed?
Also what bar ends mounting inserts did you buy to be able to mount the OEM bar ends?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts