BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles are people getting on their 310r tires...specifically rear since that one goes first. I am inching closer to getting this bike and want to avoid any unwelcome surprises.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just turned 11,000 miles on my rear and it still looks good for another couple thousand miles anyway. I have always been happy if I could make it to 10,000 miles and have had tires replaces with as little as 6000.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My G310GS has over 12k mile and was just in for service the mechanic said it should go another 6k or more if I dont abuse it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you are sport riding (hard corning) and track riding the tires should be replaced every 2 years. If you are just normal riding 3-4 years. In normal riding you generally replace the front every other rear depending on wear.

If your rear starts to flatten out you will notice a different feel as you lean the bike over as the contact patch will change when you cross from the flattened area to the curved area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My front tire is close to wearing out (on the left side of the tire) at about 11k miles. Maybe I can push it another 1-2k miles before the wear bar is flush with the thread.

Back tire has about 8k miles on it and seems to have plenty of thread left albeit it has been flattening out due to highway riding.

Overall really happy with the stock Michelin tires. They performed exceptionally on my trip to Alaska (rain, gravel, etc).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay just got my tires changed.

At 10.5k highway miles my front tire had 4/32 depth remaining.

Rear tire had flattened out more than I realized and was down to 1/32 in the center after 8k highway miles.

The front tire I replaced with the stock michelin pilot steet. Back tire with the michelin power 2CT because the stock tires are backordered. Despite mismatch, bike feels good so far!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts