BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which tool set would be perfect for G310GS? I thought any tool set would work but I heard it is different and some come in inches and some come in mm. Can some link me in Aliexpress a good tool set that would work flawlessly in G310GS?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Didn't it come with a toolset ? Because the one that came with my bike handles > 95 % of the jobs.

Or at least it gives an idea of what is needed formats jobs.

RobertB

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think that could turn out to be a bit tricky to source. The bike uses mainly allen keys, unlike a typical BMW using Torx. Most aftermarket parts I have fitted uses Torx. So you will need a combination of both and a couple of spanners. I found the most space efficient solution was a extendable ratchet wrench with sockets, torx and allen keys. I attached photos to illustrate the tools I am referring to as well as where I store them with some extra latex and tougher gloves.

Attachments

Reactions: G0MYW

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi Riksel - I doubt you'll find one 'set' that has everything you might need, or at least not without buying a lot of things you don't need too!

As francoisps suggests above, the best thing to do (if you don't feel the stock tool pouch is sufficient for what you might want to do) is to assemble a kit yourself, basing the contents on the sizes in the stock kit.

I put together a kit for my trip this summer - described in the ride report here - based on what I carry with me on my other bike/s, plus a few specific sizes for the BMW:

All of it stows under the seat, other than the 12v compressor which went in my luggage bag:

Hope that helps...

Jenny x

·
Registered
129 Posts
for those who don't already know, JMo (AKA: Jenny) is a grade A hard core Adventure rider who has probably forgotten more about adventure riding than most of us will ever know.
looking forward to your next adventure ride report Jenny!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts