BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Was that a GPS or instrument speed?
My speedo shows as 3-4kph over GPS speed.

Either way that’s a decent rate over factory specs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
155kph/97mph on a very crowded highway, so I had to lower my speed afeter that

·
Registered
917 Posts
I don't know yet but I will find that out when the weather is okay.
First warm the bike up on my way to Germany were (most of) the autobahns have no speed limits.
In my country I could loose my driving license when I go 50 km's over the speed limit.

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
I don't know yet but I will find that out when the weather is okay.
First warm the bike up on my way to Germany were (most of) the autobahns have no speed limits.
In my country I could loose my driving license when I go 50 km's over the speed limit.
First time I drove in the Netherlands, (I came from Germany, the unlimited signs there mean unlimited), I was on the highway behind a Ferrari and then the unlimited sign appeared, I kept up with the Ferrari and then started flashing him when he wouldn't move over at 150km/h. I soon realised that the unlimited sign didn't mean unlimited as no one else was traveling at more than 150km/h. :grin2:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I reached 160 Km/h (100mph) TOP. i have no problems reaching 155.
I am trying to find out if anyone changed the sprocket and/or the rear wheel size to achieve more speed. this 313 engine can handle more speed with those mods but i havent heard ayone yet that did.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I haven't topped mine out yet bu I have been doing some 25-30 miles freeway trips and like the bike at 65-75 mph. Stable and nice.

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
109 ....... km/h

Alas there are no unlimited roads here, the highest we have is 110km/h in Qld, I've only been on 100km/h roads.

The bike is really stable at those speeds though, and high cross winds did not pose such a big problem.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Full tilt on flat ground, crouching over the gas tank, I was at 97mph flickering 98mph -- all stock.

You could do 100mph downhill...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I hit 96 mph ( G310GS ) on the speedo when I was passing a line of trailer trucks in the desert with bike fully loaded. Temp was around 60 degrees F, no wind, about 5500 feet altitude, relatively flat 2 lane blacktopped road.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts