BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at new gloves, either deer or elk with the touchscreen threads.

Any suggestions? What works and what doesn't?

As far as quality the Aerostitch elk skin ropers, which I have use, are nice, especially with that rubber thumb squeegee. But they are sold out and will take weeks to get...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I ware Alpinestars SP-8 which have touch screen index finger but are just cow leather. They are a bit warm in hot weather as they are a full gauntlet but very strong and comfortable for long rides. mine have over 10,000 riding miles on them currently and I have no issues with them.

·
Super Moderator
896 Posts
I have the Roland Sands Barfly leather gloves, they seem to work with the iPhone 6S, but I only use them for the google maps to skip to the next waypoint, I don't know if they are touch screen compatible or if it's the force touch that lets me use them with google maps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wear Fox Legion Thermal Glove everyday here in LA.

They work great for me (after break in; when I first wore them I hated them) and the touchscreen is good enough that I can type messages or directions in Google Maps with them on. I'm happy with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since the “wired” gloves were on back order I bought the deerskin roper, soft. EautiAmong the nicest gloves in my nearly 50 years of rid

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have small hands, so I don't know if we're looking for the same kind of fit...

BUT - I usually have the best luck with Rev'it gloves. The older gloves had visibly 'silver' or 'metallic' patches on the index/thumb tips, but the newer ones do not and look like plain leather finger tips and still work well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts