BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rack installed and did not require relocation of the turn signals.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy cow you could put a spare motorcycle in there.
They looked smaller online :grin2:

But yeah - I would have preferred something in the 25-30 liter range.

But I wanted locking hard luggage and didn't want plastic. These were the lesser of multiple evils. They detach quite easily and the racks aren't too obtrusive.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Though I'm not an adventure bike person, the cases look quite good - large, sturdy, and they suit the bike. Now all you need is a large hazardous waste or medical waste decal for each side case and you'll be ready to go! You wouldn't have to worry about people crowding you. :grin2:

I also wonder it you could put popping corn in the right case and make exhaust heat popcorn? Not a bad treat for a rest stop! 0:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also wonder it you could put popping corn in the right case and make exhaust heat popcorn? Not a bad treat for a rest stop! 0:)
Yeah - but the melted butter messes up the inside of the case.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Michael,

Where did you get those sidecases from?

Thanks in advance
I have NO idea how i missed this - my abject apologies for the extremely late response.

I got the cases from Twisted Throttle, although most of the major sellers have them and all for the same price.

The racks weren't available in the US when I bought them, so I sourced them from Italy. They now appear to be available here, but the supply seems spotty. FWIW, my cost from Italy with shipping was a but less than the US MSRP.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
17 Posts
Friends have them on their GSes and they're quite happy after a few thousand miles. I will say that they are a better fit for the bike than the GiVI Dolomitis that I bought, and for a LOT less money.
Thanks for the reply. I saw them at the AIMExpo in Las Vegas this weekend and thought they looked just about right. The attachment rack is very unobtrusive when not using them. I just ordered them from Shad. I left them in my cart over night while I thought about them, and low and behold Shad sent me a 5% discount code to complete the sale.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I left them in my cart over night while I thought about them, and low and behold Shad sent me a 5% discount code to complete the sale.
Almost makes you want to wait another day. >:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
after almost three months waiting my side racks finally showed up Xmas eve.

I have a rotopax 1 gal aux fuel tank coming that will mount inside of the left rack.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts