BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The G310R will be built in TVS Motor Company's Bengaluru plant and I was curious to see if it was as nice as BMW's plant in Berlin.

Berlin Plant:

Bengaluru Plant:

Was hoping that TVS' plant would be just as nice. Not bad, just not what I was hoping for.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm not at all surprised to see the Bengaluru plant in that state, being a bike low end on the scale such as the G310R, financially it makes sense. I just hope build quality is where it should be.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I don't really care if the bikes are hung from the ceiling as long as the quality is still up to BMW standards.
Very true, once quality and attention to detail is on point then there's nothing to worry about, infrastructure probably only helps with the speed they produce these things at.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just realized that BMW is trying to mainly hit the Asian market with the lower cc model, makes sense why they would produce it at the Bengaluru plant.

·
Registered
577 Posts
It's the same segment that's blowing up over there, been seeing a growing amount of 250's and 300's from various bike makers.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Duke 390 was build with a partnership between KTM and an Indian manufacturer too. We may be seeing a new production trend with sub 500cc bikes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Duke 390 was build with a partnership between KTM and an Indian manufacturer too. We may be seeing a new production trend with sub 500cc bikes.
yes, its quite similar to China where OEMS must set up with a local partner in order to produce products locally. It transfers all intellectual property to the partnered home company. At least in China thats how it goes.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Seems a bit unfair if you produce something in China.
Also, I found out that the machines used to make the g310r at the Berlin-Spandau plant was produced by German manufacturers. Good to know that to know that production is pretty much standardized throughout their various factories.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There's bound to be a few problems with a newly released bike but that's what warranty is for. At least BMW is pulling out all the stops to ease customer production concerns.

Assembly is carried out in a completely sealed, glazed area which can only be
accessed via air locks so as to prevent any dirt from entering. At the end of the
engine assembly line, each engine is put through a test bench run where all
relevant parameters are measured including output.
I don't think BMW even does this for their car plant.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts