BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
42 Posts
Did you did portion of the Southern part of the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail? Great picture and video.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I have NO idea what I did lol... I used google to create a zigzagging map... it looked like this. There were lots of local roads and some that turned into gravel only roads. I was alone for miles and miles...

Did you did portion of the Southern part of the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail? Great picture and video.

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
42 Posts
Woow. Great job creating that route. I’m guessing it took you awhile. I believe you rode part of the T.W.A.T. , from your map, that is the part North from Cassville, WI, there is a ferry that you can take across the river in to Iowa at Cassville, a nice place to have a good meal is the “ Potosi Brewery” in Potosi WI , which is South from Cassville WI, I can’t see if you passed by it but it seems like it from the map. also I see you pass by New Glarius WI, I don’t know if you had a chance to visit the New Glarius Brewery?? It is a nice place to stop by and have a sample of their beers. Again, that is a great ride that you have created.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On and off for a week I was refining the route. I did maybe 85% of what you see until I got thrown off course a bit lol... I did see Potosi Brewery but didn't stop there. I've been to New Glarus many times! The brewery there is currently closed to visitors though according to their website, so I didn't bother. And in general the town was a bit closed down. Restaurants were closed for the fourth of july... But yeah it was definitely an awesome ride. The biggest thrill was not running into ANY traffic other than a couple of ATV or side by sides here and there. Just lots of local / gravel roads through hills and twisties. It was awesome.

Woow. Great job creating that route. I’m guessing it took you awhile. I believe you rode part of the T.W.A.T. , from your map, that is the part North from Cassville, WI, there is a ferry that you can take across the river in to Iowa at Cassville, a nice place to have a good meal is the “ Potosi Brewery” in Potosi WI , which is South from Cassville WI, I can’t see if you passed by it but it seems like it from the map. also I see you pass by New Glarius WI, I don’t know if you had a chance to visit the New Glarius Brewery?? It is a nice place to stop by and have a sample of their beers. Again, that is a great ride that you have created.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow that route looks awesome, pics too. So how did you create this using google? I have 3 days off coming up soon. Still trying to decide where to go here in SoCal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!
It's pretty easy. Though it is a few steps:
  1. Go to google maps on your computer / laptop (not app)
  2. Click on menu upper left corner and go to "YOUR PLACES"
  3. You'll have the option to go to LABELED, SAVED, VISITED and MAPS. Go to MAPS.
  4. Bottom of that will have "CREATE MAP" < ---- click that.
  5. On the left side you'll see a box with layers and at top of the page a search box and some icons underneath. Select the icon that for "ADD DIRECTIONS" which is kind of like this arrow pointing to the right.
  6. It'll start a new layer. Select a starting point and ending point.
  7. Once you have the line of the route on the map, you can click and drag anywhere on that line to edit the route however you want.
  8. From the 3 dots at the top you can export as KMZ and upload to KMZ to GPX Converter Online - MyGeodata Cloud which will convert to GPX - which you can then import into a lot of GPS devices (I use BeeLine MOTO)

Wow that route looks awesome, pics too. So how did you create this using google? I have 3 days off coming up soon. Still trying to decide where to go here in SoCal.

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
42 Posts
@Val310gs . You should not have any reservations about taking your G310gs on a longer adventure. I recently did a 3 day camping trip with the bike, I did around 700 miles total on and off road, loaded with 80lbs of luggage. The bike performed great, I didn’t push it to much, also road it on the interstate for about 70-80 miles on 2 occasions with speed up to 75 miles. Now I’m 6’ 2” and pushing about 235lbs I needed to stop and stretch my legs every 90-100 miles. Also check this YouTube video for more ideas what can the G310gs do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts