BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any good tyre monitors, I'm looking for something that goes inside the tyres and communicates with Bluetooth or some other means with a display that I would keep next to where I store my bike so I can check tyre pressures before I ride off and when I get back from my ride. Not after any funky caps that attach to valve stems.

·
Registered
324 Posts
...so I can check tyre pressures before I ride off...
Note that most (if not all) systems shut off when not moving to save battery. - so you'll have to ride off before the system turns on and gives you a reading.

So - if you want to know before you ride off... :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My thumb, and it's directly connected to my brain:grin2:

More seriously, just like chain tension, oil level, and small checks like that, is tyre pressure not one of them you do before riding ?
Yes it is, but I can't tell the difference between 27 PSI and 31PSI. I do check the pressure with a gauge every 600-800km, but would like to be able to check it more regularly, not that it changes much at the moment.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The advantage to a tire monitor is to alert you that your are losing pressure before it becomes dangerous. They're really not a substitute for getting down there with a gauge.

As has been noted, there's no substitute for actually looking over the bits and pieces of the bike on a regular basis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts