BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Currently bikeless. Buying a GS310 in Spring 2021
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The user manual says front 1.7 bar/rear 1.9 bar. Translated to psi this is 24.65 and 27.5572.
When my bike came back from it's 600 mile service the front was about 32 and the rear about 33. Just noticed in the forum someone saying the front should be 33 and the rear 34 according to BMW. Where is the BMW world is this information? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had 1.0 bar in my rear for a while, without noticing it. Bike behaved more or less normally. I only noticed it when I checked the pressure. The tire was a Mitas E-07 Safari. It is a little bit stiff for the light weight G310GS but I had it left over from an other bike. As its size fits the smaller bike, it felt stupid not to use it.

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310R, 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650cc
76 Posts
The tire pressures are on a label on the swinging arm on the bike or if you dust off your owners manual!! they in the back of the manual.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is a difference between GS and R, I have a GS and at the manteniance with BMW the 3 times, they inflated as an R with 32 & 33 psi, so I think that the tecnicians of BMW from all over the world has a problem with specific details!!

·
Registered
Currently bikeless. Buying a GS310 in Spring 2021
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks DAAT. Not long after I posted about tyre pressures, it dawned on me that maybe the 310R has higher pressures. Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Next service I will point out to BMW it is GS not an R , although it is bloody obvious.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The user manual says front 1.7 bar/rear 1.9 bar. Translated to psi this is 24.65 and 27.5572.
When my bike came back from it's 600 mile service the front was about 32 and the rear about 33. Just noticed in the forum someone saying the front should be 33 and the rear 34 according to BMW. Where is the BMW world is this information? Am I missing something?
Mine came from the dealer with to much pressure as well. I am running 26 and 28 in mine. Seems much more sure footed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts