BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post on here so hope I’m asking in the right place…
I’ve a 71 plate G310GS and I’ve just bought the Mrs a G310R as the GS is too tall. We’re hoping to make it more into a scrambler capable of similar lanes/trails as the GS. I have a spare rally raid engine guard that I want to fit, has anyone done this or does it need modding? Also we’re looking at Pirelli scorpion rally str tyres and wondered what peoples thoughts were of them?

·
Registered
G310GS 2018
603 Posts
Hi, this is my first post on here so hope I’m asking in the right place…
I’ve a 71 plate G310GS
What's a "71 plate"?

I have a spare rally raid engine guard that I want to fit, has anyone done this or does it need modding?
It'll definitely fit the GS. The best way to know it fits on the R is to try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
71 plate late 2021 registered!
I did plan to fit it as I already fitted one to my GS but wondered if anyone had any experience… did the front wheel catch it like it does on the GS etc?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Along with tires, you might think about adding some teeth to the rear sprocket. Lower gear will facilitate off tarmac operation. A tooth smaller counter shaft sprocket works too but 3 + on rear more sustainable. The lighter the rider, the less worries about suspension. This affects things like clearance like bash bars and front tires. Looking forward to reading tales of adventure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Along with tires, you might think about adding some teeth to the rear sprocket. Lower gear will facilitate off tarmac operation. A tooth smaller counter shaft sprocket works too but 3 + on rear more sustainable. The lighter the rider, the less worries about suspension. This affects things like clearance like bash bars and front tires. Looking forward to reading tales of adventure.
Thank you for the positive comments I will look into rear sprocket ratios. Will definitely keep up to date with tales of adventures, especially as we’re planning a Spain, Portugal and France trip incorporating the trans euro trail later this year 👍🏻

1 - 5 of 5 Posts