BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that on the left side of the bike there is a much larger seat gap between the seat and the rear panel compared to the right side. I know that this may or may not even be an issue or maybe I am just being a bit too picky. This is my first motorcycle ever and I just want to make sure that I take care of any issues now while it is all under warranty but it is worth a shot if maybe all of you that read this can see if you have the same seat gap or if mine just might be the only one with this issue. I am still enjoying my bike more and more everyday no matter the minor issues!! :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
This definitely seems unusual, since I have mild OCD and tend to not overlook these things. I will check mine and post pictures later on cause I'm at work right now.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Have you tried removing and then reinstalling the seat? It's easy to do and it could be that it wasn't put on correctly by your dealer when they were preparing it for you.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Have you tried removing and then reinstalling the seat? It's easy to do and it could be that it wasn't put on correctly by your dealer when they were preparing it for you.
+1 on that.
Maybe toolkit/owners manual is not stored properly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I double checked and triple checked that I had it in correctly and I even took my owners manual and tool set out to make sure that those weren't the reason why there was a gap.

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
are you missing any rubber spacers? are they all installed correctly? does the gap disappear if you put a load on the seat?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im not sure if the gap disappears when I sit on it I haven't had anyone look at it while I sit on it and check. I will ask someone. Are any of you guys having this same type of gap though? If you guys have the same gap then I will know that it isn't just an issue on my bike and maybe it is just made like that.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Nickaro,
I have checked my G and there is a little difference ( it looks less then on your pictures)
On one side the size of my finger and on the other side half a finger.
It is nothing that caught my intention before you posted this thread.
I have the owners manual and tool set under the seat.

I will check the rubber spacers and remove the owners manual and tool set to find out if this influences the gaps.
I will keep you updated ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nickaro,
I have checked my G and there is a little difference ( it looks less then on your pictures)
On one side the size of my finger and on the other side half a finger.
It is nothing that caught my intention before you posted this thread.
I have the owners manual and tool set under the seat.

I will check the rubber spacers and remove the owners manual and tool set to find out if this influences the gaps.
I will keep you updated ;-)
Thank you for checking!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Like you, I have removed the toolkit and owners manual and ................... still the same.
I also can not find (!!??) any missing rubbers.

It does not really bother me.
Once riding, I do not see the gap(s) and I'm still not able to look at both sides in the same moment ;-)

Your bike is like a human, nothing is the same.
One leg is longer then the other, one arm too etc etc etc.
As long as I enjoy riding my beamer I accept these minor faults ;-)

·
Registered
82 Posts
My information from several websites is that it is an X-Ring HD chain.
It is supposed to be a 520H-120 (120 links) and has a 5/8 inch pitch.
Please confirm with your dealer before you spend the big bucks...

·
Registered
82 Posts
The chain has a total length of 120 links including the rivet coupling link and the pitch length ( distance from pin to pin ) is 5/8 in. or precisely 15.875 mm so in theory, the total length should be 1905 mm if my math is correct.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have noticed that on the left side of the bike there is a much larger seat gap between the seat and the rear panel compared to the right side. I know that this may or may not even be an issue or maybe I am just being a bit too picky. This is my first motorcycle ever and I just want to make sure that I take care of any issues now while it is all under warranty but it is worth a shot if maybe all of you that read this can see if you have the same seat gap or if mine just might be the only one with this issue. I am still enjoying my bike more and more everyday no matter the minor issues!! :grin2:
you made me go and check! hehe
so the gap is definitely there. and as bas said. not as noticeable as yours. maybe the assembly process could have been better

1 - 14 of 14 Posts