BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

· Premium Member
614 Posts
Nope. As the christians holy book say: He who seek, shall search ;)
I love a seeking/searching challenge and I had some additional relevant info...

Rally Raid's "Level 2 (+ 20mm seat height) RRP/Tractive Rear Suspension Upgrade" is "designed and manufactured exclusively for Rally Raid Products by Tractive Suspension", so when I Google that exact "46BM18-T5094", it only appears on Rally Raid's web site.

However, I recently queried Rally Raid about getting parts to rebuild my Tractive shock in the US and they referred me to Ted Porter's Beemer Shop, the Tractive Service Centre for the US. At Ted Porter's web site, in addition to exploring my rebuild options, I explored what they carried from Tractive and I found that they carry the exact same shock as Rally Raid's Level 1 Low Shock (Tractive Pt. No. 46BM18-R1294 which Rally Raid does not claim as exclusive). That doesn't help you since you want a Level 2 shock. However, also on Ted Porter's web site, I found the TracTive X-TREME-PA Rear Shock / G310GS '18-On Tractive Pt. No. 46BM18-T5394. When I Google "46BM18-T5394", that shock comes up in several places, including TracTive's web site at...

...to me, with the part number T5394 being higher than part number T5094, this implies the T5394 is a newer design than Rally Raid's T5094 version. So, if I wanted a TracTive Level 2 rear shock for my G310GS, I would consider Tractive Pt. No. 46BM18-T5394. Be aware that unlike Rally Raid's Level 2 combined front and rear offering, Tractive Pt. No. 46BM18-T5394 is just the rear, so you'll still need to find an upgrade for the front. I would not consider this optional as the reason Rally Raid offers only a combined Level 2 set is because they believe anyone going to Level 2 should upgrade both front and rear. That said, I note that the specification options for Rally Raid's Level 1 and Level 2 fork kits are the same, i.e., 4.0 Nm or 4.5 Nm; this implies that you might be able to combine Tractive Pt. No. 46BM18-T5394 with Rally Raid's Level 1 Fork Kit. Before doing this, I would email Rally Raid and tell them that because they are out of Level 2 Shocks, you were going to get Tractive Pt. No. 46BM18-T5394 and ask them if one of their fork kits would be a good choice to go with this shock. I suspect they will offer you a Level 2 Fork Kit, something they don't usually sell separately from their Level 2 shock. Alternatively, you could ask TracTive if they had any recommendations for fork kits that would be good with Tractive Pt. No. 46BM18-T5394.

Good luck.
JerryG

P.S. If I had a few more inches of leg height, I'd be doing exactly what I've suggested above, but, alas, I'm stuck with Level 1 because only Level 1 has a low shock offering. I'm very satisfied with my Level 1 shock and fork kit, but I'd love to have Level's 2 additional clearance if I was tall enough for the resulting seat height.

· Premium Member
614 Posts
P.S. I just remembered something. At one point in my Rally Raid suspension upgrade journey, I actually had a Level 2 combo kit before I realized Level 2 was too tall for me. I did return the Level 2 shock, but when I started to return the fork kit with it, they told me to use the Level 2 kit without the spacers (as I recall) and it would be the same as the Level 1 kit. This is why you should ask them for a fork kit that would be a good choice to go with Tractive Pt. No. 46BM18-T5394 rather than just buying a Level 1 kit in the assumption they are the same or close enough.

· Registered
15 Posts
P.S. I just remembered something. At one point in my Rally Raid suspension upgrade journey, I actually had a Level 2 combo kit before I realized Level 2 was too tall for me. I did return the Level 2 shock, but when I started to return the fork kit with it, they told me to use the Level 2 kit without the spacers (as I recall) and it would be the same as the Level 1 kit. This is why you should ask them for a fork kit that would be a good choice to go with Tractive Pt. No. 46BM18-T5394 rather than just buying a Level 1 kit in the assumption they are the same or close enough.
I'm 5'8", how tall are you?

· Premium Member
614 Posts
I'm 5'8", how tall are you?
I'm 5'7", but more importantly, my inseam is 30" in bare feet. If I went with a Level 2, I would not have been able to touch with both feet. With the Level 1 rear shock adjusted about midway between it's highest and lowest height and with the front fork tubes raised in the triple tree 10mm, I'm comfortably on the balls of both feet.

· Premium Member
614 Posts
I'm 5'7", but more importantly, my inseam is 30" in bare feet. If I went with a Level 2, I would not have been able to touch with both feet. With the Level 1 rear shock adjusted about midway between it's highest and lowest height and with the front fork tubes raised in the triple tree 10mm, I'm comfortably on the balls of both feet.
When you lower the rear, you have to lower the front or you'll be changing the rake angle. That's OK if you know what you're doing and like the result. I decided to maintain the rake angle by lowering the front and rear the same amount.

· Registered
15 Posts
Okey thank you, I write email to tractivesuspension and RR, waiting for answer. Also, I can't find spoke rims anywhere, they're out of stock(

· Premium Member
614 Posts
Okey thank you, I write email to tractivesuspension and RR, waiting for answer. Also, I can't find spoke rims anywhere, they're out of stock(
My spoke wheels are VMX by KKE Racing. My contact there was [email protected]. Their web site is...

There's a whole thread on these wheels...

· Registered
15 Posts
In the USA, you can get it here...

However, if you're in the US, you'd likely get it for less by buying it VAT-free despite shipping from TracTive at...

No, I'm not from USA but have friends in USA who can buy.
========
And they say that can sell only by RR shop.

· Premium Member
614 Posts
If TracTive is saying 46BM18-T5394 is only available from Rally Raid, then you may be out-of-luck or have to wait for them to get them in stock.

However, when I Google 46BM18-T5394, these sites appear to sell them...

US: TracTive X-TREME-PA Rear Shock / G310GS '18-On

UK: BMW G310 GS 2018- Rear 46BM18-T5394-TR X-TREME-PA – T-TECH SUSPENSION

Australia: Tractive Rear X-TREME-PA BMW G310 GS Ultimate performance shock absorber

UK: https://twsuspensiontech.co.uk/x-tr...formance-shock-absorber-bmw-g310-gs-2018-2022

· Registered
15 Posts
If TracTive is saying 46BM18-T5394 is only available from Rally Raid, then you may be out-of-luck or have to wait for them to get them in stock.

However, when I Google 46BM18-T5394, these sites appear to sell them...

US: TracTive X-TREME-PA Rear Shock / G310GS '18-On

UK: BMW G310 GS 2018- Rear 46BM18-T5394-TR X-TREME-PA – T-TECH SUSPENSION

Australia: Tractive Rear X-TREME-PA BMW G310 GS Ultimate performance shock absorber

UK: Tractive X-TREME-PA Rear Performance Shock BMW G310 GS (2018-2022)
Thank you but I write in this 2 shops in UK and out of stock xD

41 - 53 of 53 Posts