BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From an ADVRider inmate in North Carolina:

"Dealers in the US have just received official notice about the solution for the kickstand recall. The initial order of parts coming to the US has shipped and should start to be distributed in early Aug.

Over the next few weeks owners should receive a letter from BMW notifying them of the of the recall. This letter will let you know that the fix is in process and that they will get another letter notifying them once the parts have been shipped to dealers.

As is normal in these situations the initial shipment of parts will not be enough to fix every bike out there. My advice is to reach out to your dealer and let them know that you would like to be notified by them once they start to get the parts in."

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does anyone have the link to check to see if your vin is effected? I thought I saw it on here but I think it’s buried in the threads.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Does anyone have the link to check to see if your vin is effected? I thought I saw it on here but I think it’s buried in the threads.
There was a link for the Canadian recall. It seems it only works for bikes with VINs that have been imported to Canada though, I tried mine (NZ) and it was rejected...

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Just checked my VIN and it also came back negative. Only problem could be if the site isn't up to date, I will check again in about a week just to be sure. Thanks very much for posting this site, this has been bothering me for weeks.

Reactions: MOTOMAN

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
thanks Fred!! that one works, they have no officially recalled them yet so it comes up negative for recalls at this time.
A data base is only as good as the accuracy of the input and I doubt if it's current.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More from ADVRider:

"More recall info -

"Both of BMW Motorrad’s tiniest bikes are the victims of the German brand’s latest recall, as both models suffer from an issue with their chassis. In total, 2,376 motorcycles are affected by this recall.

According to recall documents filed with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the G310 platform has an issue with its frame and/or its kickstand, where repeated use or loading of the kickstand can see it become damaged.

Over time, the section of the frame that encases the kickstand bushing could eventually break, which could lead to an injury of the rider and/or passenger. As such, a recall has been started for the two motorcycle models.

Accordingly, BMW Motorrad will notify affected G310R & G310GS owners, and BMW dealers will inspect the frame, installing a reinforcement plate and new kickstand, or the frame will be replaced if necessary, free of charge. This recall is expected to begin August 7th, 2018.

Concerned G310R & G310GS owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. As always, the NHTSA is also available at 1-888-327-4236 and safercar.gov.

Source: NHTSA" - https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=18V408000&refurl=rss

The linked PDF has the full recall details.

·
Registered
469 Posts
That would be 2,376 recalled in the USA, more worldwide?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts