BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Word is the 310GS will be in US dealers by the end of this month, to the start of February. Price is expected to be just under $6K. Post your OTD prices and dates so we can compare. I've sent my dealer a link to the Rally Raid build thread over in AdvRider. It's about time for the roads over here to ice up.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Out the door price $6400 Canadian or $5220 US.
2018 G310GS.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer called today and said expect late next week. Looks like I'll have a black one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi, I am new here.

I reserved my black G310 GS in October at the Long Beach - CA dealer and today they emailed me that they just received the demo bike. I am the first in the waiting list so my bike is the next to arrive and should be here soon!

Super excited!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just stopped at the dealer to check the demo.

Loved seen the bike in person for the first time and happy that I can flatfoot both feet!

2 things I noticed:

1. The little windshield is matte black, which I thought it looks super cool.

2. The bike looks and feels like a 600cc. It’s way bigger than the 310r (you can see behing the gs in one of the photos)

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Out the door price $6400 Canadian or $5220 US.
2018 G310GS.
Are you just giving the exchange rate? The MSRP is that much less in Canada over the US, it is not equal MSRP in Canada?

The non-white G310 GS is $5940 and the white is $6040. Though some dealers on cycle trader are showing them a few hundred under MSRP. The G310R at MSRP $4995 and $5095 and adding TT&L would be between $5500 and $600 US.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just stopped at the dealer to check the demo.

Loved seen the bike in person for the first time and happy that I can flatfoot both feet!

2 things I noticed:

2. The bike looks and feels like a 600cc. It’s way bigger than the 310r (you can see behing the gs in one of the photos)
Nice! I'm waiting on the call here. Did you take it for a spin?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Word is the 310GS will be in US dealers by the end of this month, to the start of February. Price is expected to be just under $6K. Post your OTD prices and dates so we can compare. I've sent my dealer a link to the Rally Raid build thread over in AdvRider. It's about time for the roads over here to ice up.
Here in Cancun mexico you can buy the GS for MXN$ 115.000 (6200 US$)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here is Escondido CA ( down near San Diego ) my dealer let me have a run on the red G310GS not a hour after they finished unboxing and setting it all up. Invoice MSRP $5,940 otd $6,669. CA has fairly high doc and reg fees as well as taxes. $466.50 for sales tax and the rest was docs, regs, lic, ect. I saw the actual dealer cost on it and they are only making about $345 on the sale if there are no incentives etc from BMW direct. I an 5' 11" and can flat foot it with a 32 inch inseam. Feels sounds and handles great. Just waiting on my bank for the loan. Friday or Saturday they are supposed to get a second one in but have no clue when they will get them after that. I was the second on teh list who have had a down payment on one. The first guy came in while I was not there and could not flat foot it so passed without even testing it out, and asked for his deposit back. I got quoted around $265 for insurance for a year with full coverage ( theft, accident, collision, equipment loss, etc. ). Hopefully if all goes well with the bank I will have mine by the weekend.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Are you just giving the exchange rate? The MSRP is that much less in Canada over the US, it is not equal MSRP in Canada?

The non-white G310 GS is $5940 and the white is $6040. Though some dealers on cycle trader are showing them a few hundred under MSRP. The G310R at MSRP $4995 and $5095 and adding TT&L would be between $5500 and $600 US.
Yes, converting what I paid in Canadian funds to American at current exchange rates.

·
Registered
469 Posts
So that is the first change I have seen from my Sept 17 production date of my GS.
I like it very much, should provide some shade to the instrument cluster, and does look
very cool. Now to find a dark tinted one a bit bigger for a bit more protection.

Reactions: gregtixa

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another NewB here - SW Washington State

New joiner. Purchased the second available unit (Red) from BMW Western Oregon in the Portland area yesterday. $6,200 out the door including an OEM tank bag. I will still have to pay sales tax in WA when I file the title (8.x%). Have been watching and waiting for release for close to 2 years. Really liked what I saw and realized that if I didn't buy it yesterday there was no guarantee that I would have one for the upcoming riding season. So there you have it! Looking forward to learning more here as we all get more familiar with it!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is Escondido CA ( down near San Diego ) my dealer let me have a run on the red G310GS not a hour after they finished unboxing and setting it all up. Invoice MSRP $5,940 otd $6,669. CA has fairly high doc and reg fees as well as taxes. $466.50 for sales tax and the rest was docs, regs, lic, ect. I saw the actual dealer cost on it and they are only making about $345 on the sale if there are no incentives etc from BMW direct. I an 5' 11" and can flat foot it with a 32 inch inseam. Feels sounds and handles great. Just waiting on my bank for the loan. Friday or Saturday they are supposed to get a second one in but have no clue when they will get them after that. I was the second on teh list who have had a down payment on one. The first guy came in while I was not there and could not flat foot it so passed without even testing it out, and asked for his deposit back. I got quoted around $265 for insurance for a year with full coverage ( theft, accident, collision, equipment loss, etc. ). Hopefully if all goes well with the bank I will have mine by the weekend.

Congrats on your new bike. I will be taking my 2018 G310GS delivery between June - August 2018 and it will be my second Beemer.

Couple of questions:
  1. Did you consider BMW FS financing?
  2. How did you get such a low insurance rate in CA?
  3. I'm 5'9" and easily flat foot on my F800ST, was mounting the GS easy?
  4. How do you intend to use the G310GS (street, trails, other)?

Look forward to pics when you take delivery...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New joiner. Purchased the second available unit (Red) from BMW Western Oregon in the Portland area yesterday. $6,200 out the door including an OEM tank bag. I will still have to pay sales tax in WA when I file the title (8.x%). Have been watching and waiting for release for close to 2 years. Really liked what I saw and realized that if I didn't buy it yesterday there was no guarantee that I would have one for the upcoming riding season. So there you have it! Looking forward to learning more here as we all get more familiar with it!
Awesome! Welcome! I was in your boat initially with black. I accepted it, then regretted it, and they called me saying the second unit coming in was white. Once you ride it, color starts to not matter. Enjoy it, and come take a trip out to Painted Dunes this summer!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts