BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time buyer. I have heard that many bikes can be had for "MSRP Out the Door", and that margins are slim on smaller bikes.

the BMW Web site lists:
MSRP $4750
Destination / Handling Fee $ 245
Total $4995

How much more or less than this did you pay excluding taxes & fees directly assessed by your state?

Just trying to not get ripped off here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I paid $4,995. I got them to drop the $495 dealer set-up fee because it just doesn't make sense on a bike that costs 5k. I also got them to throw in delivery since the dealer was more than 100 miles away (the only one that had it in blue). But yeah, the margins on this bike are in the $100's and that's being generous. Don't expect them to be over the moon to sell you one, but this bike is made to be an entry to the brand previously unattainable for most. You might mention you intend to be back in a season or two for that R nine T and anything they can do for you will not be forgotten. ;-)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got my G310R at MSRP about 6 months ago.
I have two dealers in my area. One is an hour away, the other is one hour 20 minutes away.
The closer one was marking it up above MSRP on both the price and delivery/setup.
I drove the extra 20 minutes..... LOL

You'll love the bike!

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
The price you end up paying is going to depend on a number of factors - not lease whether the bike is on the shop floor (inventory vs. ordered in for you) and for how long it's been there, plus if there is a registration bonus/target for the dealer/salesman to be met at that particular time of the month or season...

Then you have to factor in any sales tax too - which is going to vary from State to State as well.

But yes, in general, you are going to be paying the MSRP on a bike that retails at this price-point - unless they really need to shift previous year inventory and/or they need an extra sale to secure their dealer registration bonus.

Jx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aaaaand I also paid $4,995 (+ sales tax and a temporary tag).

They would have charged $100 upcharge for the white Motorsport scheme, so I put down a $1000 nonrefundable deposit on a blue. I hope it takes a while to arrive; the potholes are unbelievable right now.

Thanks for all the responses.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I see this thread is from April, however I'm curious if the prices go down in preparation for arrival of the 2019 bikes.

I paid $4995 for a 2018 blue G310R + tax/title for a total of $5495 OTD in Rhode Island.

·
Registered
22 Posts
C., I think that's the case. They're discounting the Rs for sure. I think the R's MSRP is $4,750 and the GS's is $5,695, but I paid about $1k less for my GS. Not a straightforward deal tho--it's a demo with 250 miles on, first service is included free, no freight or handling. OTD was more because of accessories and TTL.

·
Registered
106 Posts
2018 G310R bought in November 2017 for $4250 plus taxes, tags and fess so $4795 out the door.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think I got lucky with timing. Paid $3800 MSRP/$4495 Out the door. It was a demo. $4995 out the door for a new bike. I went with demo that 100 miles. The SA said that the side stand recall messed them up because they couldn't sell the infected ones and the replacement stands were on back order from Germany. Plus with the 2019's coming in, they need these out. I also got to enjoy the MSF benefits for another $760 in value.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts