BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Need some advice. My dealer fitted oxford USB charger to my bike and wired it direct to the battery. He did a really neat job of fitting the harness but Im concerned is it will eventually drain my battery over time when bike is not in use. Can anyone recommend a better install option or can I just splice the wires and install an "on-off switch" between USB unit and the battery? At the moment Im just disconnecting battery neg terminals when bike is parked up for a few days.

Im not too savvy with electrics so any advice is really appreciated.

· Registered
222 Posts
Hi,
Need some advice. My dealer fitted oxford USB charger to my bike and wired it direct to the battery. He did a really neat job of fitting the harness but Im concerned is it will eventually drain my battery over time when bike is not in use. Can anyone recommend a better install option or can I just splice the wires and install an "on-off switch" between USB unit and the battery? At the moment Im just disconnecting battery neg terminals when bike is parked up for a few days.

Im not too savvy with electrics so any advice is really appreciated.
Sure you can connect direct to the battery and deal with the wiring, fuse and "always-ON" situation, like on any old bike...
But all this, including adding a switch and/or disconnecting yourself the battery when the bike is parked just sound very counter-productive:
Why not take advantage of your G310 having 2 two accessory ports available, already fuse-protected and OFF when ignition is OFF?
Apparently your dealer does not know much about the bike.:crying:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.