BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much says it all - not available here in the US.

Canadian riders - do you have the clear or solid black screen fitted as stock up there?

Please PM me or email (gmail) mjordan812. TIA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same deal in Canada, unfortunately. The ones I saw late last fall had clear screens, but the one that was eventually delivered to me this month comes with the black screen, with no option to get the clear one.

·
Registered
469 Posts

Canadian riders - do you have the clear or solid black screen fitted as stock up there?

I have the clear screen. Bought the GS late Oct 2017. About to take it off when my larger Z Technik arrives
next week.

·
Registered
163 Posts

are you in a hurry? i plan to buy a touring screen soon, i ll send you the OEM one if you like for free (only shipping cost).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are you in a hurry? i plan to buy a touring screen soon, i ll send you the OEM one if you like for free (only shipping cost).
Not in a hurry. I'll see what happens with Trickster's shield - if it doesn't work out, I'll let you know and get in line for yours. Thank you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Got one - don't like it. Too much turbulence and wind noise. Although it seemed like a good idea at the time.
what brand is it? what do you mean too much turbulence?it's supposed to send airflow higher, above your head, isn't it? i am asking because i want to buy one but i cannot decide if i should pick the one from R&G (17 cm higher) or this Givi (27 cm higher) :

https://www.ebay.it/itm/CUPOLINO-GIVI-BMW-G-310-GS-2017-2018-COD-D5126ST/273156920434?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=20170831090034&meid=7e28aa35f882430ba8155030a3ed046b&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&mehot=lo&sd=162998267143&itm=273156920434&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have the Rally Raid Adventure screen (made by Powerbronze, but different than the G310GS screen that Powerbronze sells under its own name), and it gives me no buffeting at all. Very smooth air flow.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the Rally Raid Adventure screen (made by Powerbronze, but different than the G310GS screen that Powerbronze sells under its own name), and it gives me no buffeting at all. Very smooth air flow.
can you please post a pic of your bike to see how it looks? i cannot see clearly from your avatar.cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Clear windscreen (touring) Raid Rally

I found my clear windscreen from Raid Rally for ~$120 (+ shipping). Will let you know how it goes with the bike once I have it installed.

@ WoodWork where did you buy your luggage from? Do you have any issues with your right luggage bag on top of the exhaust getting hot? By the way... great pictures!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
@ WoodWork where did you buy your luggage from? Do you have any issues with your right luggage bag on top of the exhaust getting hot? By the way... great pictures!!!
Thanks MadMax. I bought the panniers (Enduristan Blizzard L) from Revzilla, and I've had the Wolfman double-ended duffel bag for a few years now. I also bought Enduristan's heat shield from Revzilla. It's a little taller than the others that I looked at. But the strap that it comes with doesn't quite reach around the G310GS's exhaust. So I picked up a longer one at my local hardware store, spray painted it flat black with some heat-resistant paint used for BBQs, and it works great. I've put 4,200 miles on the bike now, and the bags were on there for about 3,000 of them. No problems with any melting.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
what brand is it?
Per the link below. An ebay seller out of Thailand.

https://www.ebay.com/i/173112252925?chn=ps&rmvSB=true

It's pretty tall and noisy. Seems to be about the same height as the Givi screen. I also got the Givi GPS mount shown in the pic, but that also caused turbulence/noise and I have gone back to a lower handlebar mount for the GPS.

The OEM screen puts the pressure at chest level and it's pretty quiet by the time it gets to helmet level.

Since this bike is for local rides on back roads, speeds are generally low and ride segments are of fairly short duration. I wouldn't want to do a 1,000 mile day on Interstates on it, but I have another bike that's set up to do precisely that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I picked mine up late last year it had a clear windscreen. I received a call early this year from the dealer saying there was a recall on the clear
ones and they had a nice black replacement for it. I had them do the recall at the first inspection/oil change but if I had seen it first I wouldn't have let

them fit it. I liked the clear one better. About a month ago they had on on the floor with the clear screen so I asked if I could have it when they took it
off but was told no.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts