BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When returning from a run out on my G310GS the other day, I noticed a very small drop of anti freeze beneath the bike. Tracing the pipe back ( a 6mm ish pipe) it goes to the front of the water pump. I hardly expected a problem with a BM with 900 miles on it. Does anybody know of similar problems ?

·
Registered
43 Posts

Post #3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, mine went pop at 2,500 miles ! Exactly the same thing.
Thank you for your reply. Its under warranty I guess, but I've had a great many bikes over the years, and never had a water pump problem before. The BM is not new, but I got it in October with 452 miles on the clock, never expected this, bit disappointed. Anyway, take care mate.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks like getting a BM was a mistake, shame I really like it.
Actually all vehicles, including motorcycles, have recalls on all sorts of parts. The KTM 390, tends to blow the engine within 10k miles, the CB250 has front brake caliper failures, my wife's 328xi had a heater wiring issue.... Literally ALL vehicles have recall lists.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Looks like getting a BM was a mistake, shame I really like it.
Hi Steve, understand your feelings - but just keep pestering the bmw dealer to get all these waranty jobs done.
I'm now in my 3rd year [no more waranty cover] but the bike has had plenty of dealer work done on it.
It now seems to have -at last- settled into a reasonable bike...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had 2 failures of the water pump seal on my GS310 and I'm sure the second was due to the dealer over filling the expansion tank on a service. The good news is it has been good for 2 years now after ensuring the level is correct.

·
Registered
2019 G310GS
33 Posts
When returning from a run out on my G310GS the other day, I noticed a very small drop of anti freeze beneath the bike. Tracing the pipe back ( a 6mm ish pipe) it goes to the front of the water pump. I hardly expected a problem with a BM with 900 miles on it. Does anybody know of similar problems ?
Was wondering what YEAR your bike is. I see one other post with the same problem has a 2018.
Could this be only happening with 2018's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem. When I removed the right hand cover to replace the seals I noticed that BMW are now supplying a slightly fatter version. The old didn't appear to even be proud of the groove it sits in. No wonder it started leaking. No trouble with that since. However, the starter clutch went recently. Hopefully the new one fitted will be a better design also 🤞

1 - 13 of 13 Posts