BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I drove the bike two times on a wet road, it wasn't even raining then, a drove for 15 minutes and
when i got of i found out that the back of my jacket was drained wet and full of sand , it was like there
was no rear fender on it at all. anyone had this problem? is this normal?

thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
The rear fender is indeed non-existent and definitely not doing its job. On slight rain my laptop backpack was soaking wet, good thing I sprayed it with waterproof coating beforehand.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The rear fender doesn't cover enough of the tire to be effective and there doesn't seem to be an aftermarket solution specifically for the g310r. Is it possible to Diy a fender extender?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a BMW rear fender for the G310R, it comes stock on Australian bikes, but I have taken it off. Check out one of my earlier posts around June I have some pictures of it. see BMW G310R Forum > BMW G310R General Discussions > http://www.g310rforum.com/forum/7-bmw-g310r-general-discussions/2090-bigger-than-expected.html Bigger than expected
Wow... I think I prefer having a bit of a wet back than to be dry and have the rear end of my bike looking like this. I understand the purpose but this add-on piece of plastic is certainly not very pleasing to the eye.

For those where it's an issue, I wish you patience until some after-market piece replacing the whole thing makes more sense than patching it like this.

Direct link to Porth's showing the australian mega mud guard: http://www.g310rforum.com/forum/27689-post11.html :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a BMW rear fender for the G310R, it comes stock on Australian bikes, but I have taken it off.
Yep, I can see why you took that off. What on earth were they thinking?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahahaha thats indeed some huge mudguard, it's a kangeroe guard!

thanks for the replies, i guess i will keep the wet back.

should have some compact thing i could put on only when it's wet
and store it under the seat or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts