BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, fuel went up again yesterday, no surprise.
Filled up the GS with premium fuel at the pumps.
$1.53 Canadian a litre. Ouch!
So, that's about $6.88 an Imperial gallon or $6.12 a US gallon.

What's everyone else paying in the world?

Btw, I live where the price of fuel is cheapest in Canada.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I pay between 18 an 19 MXN$ for a litre here in cancun mexico. it varies depending on where you buy it hehe. 1us$ = 18 MXN$. but this also changes pretty much every day hehe

·
Registered
155 Posts
I stopped at the wrong station in Florida where credit was more than cash and paid over $3.00 per gallon, but I showed them, I only put in two gallons. Normally around $2.69 for regular. With the two gallon fillups, I don't pay a lot of attention, but with the big tank on the truck the price of Diesel does get noted.
Tickster, my first time into Canada, I saw the price for forty something cents and thought gas was cheap. I then found out it was liters. I told myself if gas ever gets to $1.00 a gallon in the states, I will have to stop riding. Needless to say this was a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fuel price.

In the UK it's gone up a penny or two in the last week or so, I'm paying about £1.23/litre or £5.59 for an imperial gallon.
I've given up worrying about it, there's nothing I can do about the cost, just use it carefully, hence most of my mileage is done on an economical motorcycle?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
$2.69 in Florida?? In Los Angeles it's close to $4 (maybe $3.80) a gallon. So around EUR 0,90 per liter.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the UK it's gone up a penny or two in the last week or so, I'm paying about £1.23/litre or £5.59 for an imperial gallon.
I've given up worrying about it, there's nothing I can do about the cost, just use it carefully, hence most of my mileage is done on an economical motorcycle?
Yikes, that's about $2.13 CDN a litre.
Fuel companies have us over a barrel, what are we to do, not buy it?
Hence the single cylinder G310, great fuel economy.:grin2:

Reactions: Defender

·
Registered
163 Posts
In rural Greece i pay about 1.80 euros (~1.58 pounds, ~2.15 $) per liter for the so-called 100 oct. gasoline and about 1.65 for regular.bear in mind that the average wage is about 600 euros/month...

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
So roughly $1.90 for a quarter gallon, that's steep

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yikes, that's about $2.13 CDN a litre.
Fuel companies have us over a barrel, what are we to do, not buy it?
Hence the single cylinder G310, great fuel economy.:grin2:
It's up to £1.26 a gallon now, glad that the G310R is quite economical, as is my NC700 :smile2:.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Here it's about € 1,75 / liter at the moment.
Prices just went up because of everything that is happening in the world.
Last week, being in Luxemburg, I only payed € 1,25 / ltr

Because I'm living next to the Belgium border, I always fill up overthere.
The difference in petrol prices from Belgium to the Netherlands is around 20 - 25 cents / ltr.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Prices just went up because of everything that is happening in the world.
Any one specific thing? Or just the usual inflation since the beginning of time? :grin2:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sanctions on Iran...the Saudis doing their thing and Donald doing his..
i wonder if i can run my GS on alcohol....:|
Gasoline is cheaper!
Now some good moonshine may be cheaper.:D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well, it makes me feel lucky that I have a bike that gets so many miles per gallon!

Here is a link to a neat service on the internet that works pretty well to show what fuel prices are.

It works in the US and Canada only but you can drill down right to the area where you are and see what current fuel prices are.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/

/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts