BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 415 Posts

·
Administrator
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Share what you did today with the BMW G310 community!

Example: Took delivery at the dealership today, rode her home and gave it a nice wash!

Example: It rained on the last ride, so today I cleaned up the chain and lubed it. Ready for the next run on mulholland drive.

Example: Went out for a impromtu ride and ended up all the way across town. It was a nice ride!

Anything goes! :wink2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Today, I didn't engage the side stand properly...and dropped it! Fortunate for me, only a small 10mm scratch on the body panel that protects the side of the radiator. Really miffed, I did this...and so a word of warning to all G310 R owners, make sure the side stand is fully extended. Roll on the delivery of my centre stand, which is on back order, and some decent accessories like crash bungs

·
Registered
197 Posts
Today, I didn't engage the side stand properly...and dropped it! Fortunate for me, only a small 10mm scratch on the body panel that protects the side of the radiator. Really miffed, I did this...and so a word of warning to all G310 R owners, make sure the side stand is fully extended. Roll on the delivery of my centre stand, which is on back order, and some decent accessories like crash bungs
I took delivery of mine on Thursday. The salesman at Pidcock motorcycles said that there are no accessories available in the UK at the moment despite being in the catalogue. Couldn't even get the accessory socket. The centre stand isn't even listed in the catalogue he is using - good luck on that one. His boss said that the centre stand is not available due to a cat on the exhaust being in the way - pure bovine excrement! If you do manage to get a centre stand, please post when you get it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I took delivery of mine on Thursday. The salesman at Pidcock motorcycles said that there are no accessories available in the UK at the moment despite being in the catalogue. Couldn't even get the accessory socket. The centre stand isn't even listed in the catalogue he is using - good luck on that one. His boss said that the centre stand is not available due to a cat on the exhaust being in the way - pure bovine excrement! If you do manage to get a centre stand, please post when you get it.
Yes, I've heard when watching some videos, that a centre stand is not possible, because of the cat. I'm just hoping some of the after market companies produce the goods. A fender extender for the front mudguard would also be good. I've noticed, in the past week that R&G have several more accessories listed...but not the centre stand or fender extender! I will keep looking and post any good news

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes, I've heard when watching some videos, that a centre stand is not possible, because of the cat. I'm just hoping some of the after market companies produce the goods. A fender extender for the front mudguard would also be good. I've noticed, in the past week that R&G have several more accessories listed...but not the centre stand or fender extender! I will keep looking and post any good news
I did find the centre stand listed on the Netherlands BMW motorrad website, so the cat theory must be incorrect as they are part of the EU. You would need a pretty long fenda extenda to stop mud getting on the front of the engine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Didn't do squat. Also nice traffic generator Admin.

Dealer returned my deposit Thursday. Won't be in the US until Sept-October. I'll wait until next year. No need to sit $5000 in the garage for 6 months requiring taxes, insurance, registration fees.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Saturday: Break in service

Monday: Riding to work and Riding home (come rain or shine)
Tuesday: Riding to work and Riding home (come rain or shine)
Wednesday: Riding to work and Riding home (come rain or shine)
Thursday: Riding to work and Riding home (come rain or shine)
Friday: Riding to work and Riding home (come rain or shine)

That about covers what I did today, tomorrow and rest of week... :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I did find the centre stand listed on the Netherlands BMW motorrad website, so the cat theory must be incorrect as they are part of the EU. You would need a pretty long fenda extenda to stop mud getting on the front of the engine.
I notice that the centre stand, along with other accessories, are now listed on the BMW UK website on the G310R page.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Are you planning on getting the OEM center stand?
I have a fear of bikes tipping over when on a center stand so those front and rear stand combos are more my preference.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Are you planning on getting the OEM center stand?
I have a fear of bikes tipping over when on a center stand so those front and rear stand combos are more my preference.
Yes, I will get a centre stand as soon as they available. As a biker of 50 years experience, a centre stand is a top priority just for basic servicing like chain maintenance etc. I have only had one bike topple over on a centre stand and that was due to really high winds (approx. 50mph plus), and it was a brand new Honda CB400 four in 1976. As long as the ground is level, you shouldn't have any problems - much more stable than a pair of paddock stands.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Highway robbery is what it is ! But unfortunately, it must be done and it's always a safer method to ensure all is well because they go over every nut and bolt to make sure it's all tight.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Highway robbery is what it is ! But unfortunately, it must be done and it's always a safer method to ensure all is well because they go over every nut and bolt to make sure it's all tight.
Ha! I know of no dealer that does this; not this first time when they uncrate the bike nor when the first service is due. In a perfect world, absolutely but I wouldn't recommend putting that much faith into dealer techs. These are high stress, high inventory, high turn-around environments.

Figure an oil change with a half a quart of old oil left in the crank, new filter, a hook-up to the computer, and a rather large bill. Beyond that, take her home and check those bolts, tire pressures, chain slack/lube etc... on your own.

Don't mean to come across so negative but its a practical approach to the safety and well being of you and your motorbike.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ha! I know of no dealer that does this; not this first time when they uncrate the bike nor when the first service is due. In a perfect world, absolutely but I wouldn't recommend putting that much faith into dealer techs. These are high stress, high inventory, high turn-around environments.

Figure an oil change with a half a quart of old oil left in the crank, new filter, a hook-up to the computer, and a rather large bill. Beyond that, take her home and check those bolts, tire pressures, chain slack/lube etc... on your own.

Don't mean to come across so negative but its a practical approach to the safety and well being of you and your motorbike.
In the UK, the PDI is carried out at a central depot by BMW before the bikes are supplied to the dealers. When I had a new F650GS in 2004, the dealer drained the oil in the sump - didn't drain the oil tank - when they did the 600 mile 1st service. I doubt that they checked the fasteners to see if they were tight. I tend to check the bike over AFTER it has had the 600 mile service, as I have found previously that chain tension had been incorrectly adjusted amongst other things.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Today,
I mounted my Hepco & Becker topcase rack (easy rack) and the 40 ltr topcase.
It looks Nice ....... not great because the G looks better without the topcase.
But sometimes you need Some extra space !

·
Registered
291 Posts
Today,
I mounted my Hepco & Becker topcase rack (easy rack) and the 40 ltr topcase.
It looks Nice ....... not great because the G looks better without the topcase.
But sometimes you need Some extra space !
Definitely gonna need photos or if you even have a link to the product

1 - 20 of 415 Posts