BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

421 - 440 of 454 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,041 Posts
Added the 12v plug and the BMW light top case (in which my big Shoei GT Air 2 helmet fits) 🙂
I must say that I’m a little bit disappointed... When you buy a BMW thing in a BMW shop, you expect to have the BMW logo on it... but here the BMW sticker is sold separately!
Quite a shame IMO.
Buy yourself a gel bmw badge (e.g. on ebay), this will make it look quite good.

·
Registered
2017 BMW G310R
42 Posts
Hi Porth
The price of these badges is just a joke.
The 27mm (the size I need) costs about 17€ + 18€ for p&p ! ! !
The mean cost of a 82mm badge is below 6€...

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
19 Posts
I did the first oil change yesterday. Used the bmw 15-50 oil and the bmw OEM filter. This was by far the easiest oil change that I have done on a motorcycle for that matter on any vehicle in general. It took less than 20 minutes to complete the job. The mileage on the bike is 528 , also I added fuel stabilizer in the fuel , because I don’t think I will have any more opportunities to run the bike till the next spring.

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Aaaand it's done! Pre-final mod today was removal of the sticker and accent reflective plastic. just waiting for Denali D2 lights, Wunderlich bar raiser and thinner/more elegant accent sticker. Also waiting for Barkbusters VPS plastic to fully dry.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great pics! I agree that the factory stickers are a bit overwhelming, I removed 3/4 of them and the bike looks less like I pulled it from a cracker jack box lol. Thanks for the review on the sprocket as well, I just ordered mine and I'm pretty excited to get that and the custom tail tidy done before next riding season :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm still healing with my sprained ankle from a crash on Thanksgiving day, so the only thing I managed to do is install a battery tender quick connect harness so I can trickle charge my battery as it waits for further repairs.

In the meantime, I'll continue watching motorcycle videos on YouTube and live vicariously through you all. Be safe out there!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rebuilt my yoshimura race exhaust. It blew to pieces after 2800 miles. Happened to be 4 months out of warranty lol. I found an unfortunate manufacturing flaw but decided that a bit more vibration absorption may keep it together for twice as long this time. I reassembled it with rtv silicone in all the fasteners and joint locations. Next season should be 5k+ miles. I hope it lasts that long.
1210201858.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine is put up for the winter I bought it for a fair weather ride . I’ll be riding my Vstrom for the winter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great pics! I agree that the factory stickers are a bit overwhelming, I removed 3/4 of them and the bike looks less like I pulled it from a cracker jack box lol. Thanks for the review on the sprocket as well, I just ordered mine and I'm pretty excited to get that and the custom tail tidy done before next riding season :D
Careful when you install sprockets and make sure you don't flip the side. Take tons of pics and mark everything. Same with cush-drive apparently,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Albe's videos are great an bikes are somewhat similar:

This guy gets in there as well:

But I haven't seen anything (not even on the sprocket OEM) that speaks to that particular detail. That's a $200 error that a dealer will teach you.

Just make sure you mark everything and put it back in the right direction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Replaced bars and grips, added tactical top box, removed rear foot pegs, and installed a front beak-extension. Okay, that was over the course of 3 days--but today we went wandering, discovered a new road, a new sandwich shop, and raced some birds down a country lane. Does life get any better?

·
Registered
G310GS
9 Posts
Hi G310 team! What did I do for my bike for the last time:
Radiator protection

Very simple and cheap top case

additional head light BMW style

side cases

large wind glass

and in all photos you can see crash bars, Russian producer “Crazy Iron”

421 - 440 of 454 Posts