BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

461 - 472 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
32 Posts
I did some work on the G310gs past couple of weeks, I added engine guards ( from eBay) , windscreen ( Amazon) , bar riser (Amazon) , also fitted saddlebags, this are the “Tusk Traverse” ( Rocky Mountain ATV and Motorcycle) they are supposed to be 24 L combined but I’m not sure about that, they are basically day ride bags to replace a backpack, they are good quality but the straps that goes over the seat are short for the bike and I added extra longer straps, also made brackets, sort of a saddle stay to prevent the bags from flopping around, and the last was , I added a plate on the top of the rear luggage rack to help better secure my 40L BMW Atacoma dry bag.
08D4B18E-AF9C-42E3-908D-D684ECD1A944.jpeg
2B34DCEA-5AC7-45A2-9160-9A5DB1489913.jpeg
AD9811A9-14B8-4716-AB8C-DCF4D97C98DC.jpeg
61C7F9C3-3900-4AE3-9253-02B1EA688AAC.jpeg
3024A2AA-1DE7-426B-8297-F2D3E76711E5.jpeg
3BF628CB-A5E2-4634-A12C-DFDE26573F2B.jpeg

·
Registered
27 Posts
@Makedon I think someone over on Advrider stole your identity, and pics, and bikes! :D Nice work. Are you planning on a skid plate? That oil filter just seems to stick out like a, well, I will just say it looks to need protection.

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
32 Posts
@bilash31 , I’m still going with the original factory plastic skid plate for the moment, but it is on the list to be upgraded, also next on the list are burkbusters and new handlebars. I’m heading out this weekend to Galena IL for a event organized by the ADVrider forum member, it will be on/off road riding, and it should give me better idea for the capability of the G310gs and what else I need to add for my needs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds good @Makedon
I am in the same boat. Taking it off-road in a class this weekend for first time. I would have preferred to go stock to see what I needed but they said tires were no go. Hence my kendas. Barkbusters have been out of stock so I went cheap Amazon. Good enough for now and class. Had to bend a bit to fit right. But that was an easy 5 min heat job.
image.jpg

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
32 Posts
@bilash31 . Can you please post the link for the Hand guards that you got from Amazon. I went on a 3 day trip this past weekend, couple of riders ended crashing and no hand guards on the bikes, they one bender the clutch leaver the other one broke the brakes leaver , I was lucky not to crash, but do not want to ride again with one hand guards.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sure @Makedon
I went with these only because there is a picture of a 310GS in their pics so I knew they could fit. I actually got to try them out pretty good in my class. They worked to prevent any damage to my levers. One bent but was pretty easy to use force to bend back into shape. Overall they worked but I am still thinking about getting barkbusters. Better? Maybe. I will find out. If I were to do it again knowing what I know now, I would consider these as they have the handlebar attachment that angles similar to barkbusters. It eliminates the need to heat and shape the aluminum.
Basically this kind of connection makes it easier to install but I’d look into it more to see how strong it is at that pivot point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Share what you did today with the BMW G310 community!

Example: Took delivery at the dealership today, rode her home and gave it a nice wash!

Example: It rained on the last ride, so today I cleaned up the chain and lubed it. Ready for the next run on mulholland drive.

Example: Went out for a impromtu ride and ended up all the way across town. It was a nice ride!

Anything goes! :wink2:
Bought the bike used this week with 3200 miles on it. 2019 G310GS. Changed the oil and filter with Amsoil 20 w 50. The noise of the engine was cut about 25%. The next day I installed a K&N air filter. Knocked about 20% more noise off the motor. Cant believe the difference. Great motorcycle and fun to ride.

·
Super Moderator
1,108 Posts
Bought the bike used this week with 3200 miles on it. 2019 G310GS. Changed the oil and filter with Amsoil 20 w 50. The noise of the engine was cut about 25%. The next day I installed a K&N air filter. Knocked about 20% more noise off the motor. Cant believe the difference. Great motorcycle and fun to ride.
Welcome to the forum. What colour GS did you get?

461 - 472 of 472 Posts