BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first silly question.
I have not bought the bike yet, but I've put deposit down on a new GS.
What sensible additions do you all suggest, without affecting the warranty.
I am thinking of a taller screen. Upgrading the headlight bulb, I will be using in dark on country roads, I work a late shift couple of times a month - OR would I be better off getting auxiliary lights fitted.
Heated grips or hand guards .
Any other suggestions and what do you think of these

·
Registered
86 Posts
Auxiliary lights every time for me. Upgrade the existing one by all means - even go for the full LED option you can read about on the forum here - but aux lights give the best bang for the buck.

Hand guards like Barkbusters give good weather protection plus help with the odd encounter with bushes and sticks and stones. They will make cold nights more comfortable without taxing the battery (especially when running the aux lights). But heated grips in addition to the guards are a great winter solution.

I'd also suggest a centre stand. They are great for loading and unloading and general maintenance.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Nice advice(s)

What to add to your bike is most of the time a personal issue.

Hope you will find the things you like and get them added.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wanted to use mine off road as well as some longer distance travelling. So my priorities were LED headlight, BarkBuster hand guards, SW Motech larger foot pegs, Hepco crashbars, bar risers and taller Puig screen. I have added a fair bit since but I would say those would be my top choices

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. I Installed a 30mm bar risers, and noticed two things: 1. As the bars are higher, and the body positioned more upright there was less weight (preload) on the front tire, and it completly changed the handling of the bike. The suspension felt totally different, and the grip in the front tire too, both in a negative way. I Also noticed noticed that the play between the handlebar support and the fork holder was dramatically increased, since the taller bars have more leverage. Removed them after 150kms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts