BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped the bags off her, grabbed the pressure washer, and gave her a good wash in the driveway. Power dried with the little Air Force Sidekick (love that thing for the bike).

Then rolled the dry bike indoors to work on details with a pan of water and a shop rag. She now sits showroom floor clean.

Tomorrow the ACF-50 arrives from Amazon and I will put a full coat on every thing but tires and brakes. Then, I will continue to ride daily through fall and winter (except snow and ice days).

I'll be banking on ACF-50 to get me through many winters, as I plan to keep this G310R until we see how many miles a well maintained modern single can live.

100K miles? Easy. 200K? I'd bet it's possible. 300K+? Who knows, modern oil, fuel and engines are pretty advanced, and there's plenty of bikes from decades past that have put up big numbers.

But I am at 3500+ in two months. So we will for sure eventually test this engine's long term capabilities.

·
Registered
BMW G310R (2018)
26 Posts
Dude, we're just about to head into summer and I can't wait. That said, the winters here in New Zealand aren't too bad - pretty short compared to the UK where I originate from.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In New Jersey, USA, my winter prep is generally not more than changing the oil on any of the bikes that might need it before winter sets in. Other than that, I ride year-around. You have a nice looking bike!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coat of ACF-50 over the entire bike. I'll do this once more mid-winter when we catch a dry week here in the PNW.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
25 Posts
i try to ride year round i use STA BIL after every fill up keep the tank full battery tender and roll it around a few times a month so its not sitting on the same spot of the tires.keep tire pressure up move forks up and down every so often keeps seals lubed.
good luck and ride when ever you can

1 - 7 of 7 Posts