BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 G310R
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2018 G310R. It has bar end mirrors which I hate and consider dangerously inadequate. Are the factory mirrors a good choice? Or should I choose something else. Like are there non bar end mirrors that are engineered to reduce vibration that would be better. I've seen replacement mirrors that cost from $15 to $300. Also anyone who has replaced the original mirrors, are they willing to sell the originals? I am in Tucson, Arizona.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The OEM mirrors are adequate...not much more to add.
They do blur as revs go up, tolerable here in Canada where DRL are mandatory = at least you see the lights of cars following.
I do find them to be a bit short or close as they show a lot of shoulder and or elbow.
Maybe check eBay for used ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Puig Look mirrors have been an excellent balance for me, giving a bit of that cleaner bar end appearance, but with enough size to actually see what's back there.

Also, the OEM mirrors vibrated badly and also took in way too much of my shoulders and arms in the view.

In these ways the Puigs have been superior.-- less vibration and the entire view is what's behind me. Not parts of me.

You'll need to drill them out to make the larger diameter machine screws of our 310 fit. But that was 5 minutes work.

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Motorcycle Automotive tire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts