21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Shoei Neotec 2
Aerostich Darien jacket & pants
I forget the brand of boots
LD Comfort undies
Gloves - which gloves depend on weather.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Shorts, flip flops and t-shirt, no underpants. That's how you see plenty of riders in Florida, not even a helmet. I ride low to moderate speeds (average around 25 mph) in LA and usually wear jeans, always a leather motorcycle jacket by Dainese, good gloves and a HC modular helmet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Helmet - Spirit DSV2
Jacket - Spirit Explorer
Gloves - Knox Orsa MK2 Leather
Pants - X-Kulcha Enduro
Boots - RST Tundra Touring
Ears - Alpine Motosafe Touring earplugs

Leatt neck brace to follow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
BMW GS Jacket & Rider pants, BMW Airflow or GS Dry gloves, Tourmaster Epic Boots, Bell Qualifyer Hi-viz DLX helmet, Alpine Motosafe Race earplugs.

·
Super Moderator
986 Posts
+1 on the Alpine Motosafe Touring earplugs and the Alpine Motosafe race earplugs, I have both and use them for any riding over 60km/h. Can highly recommend them as they don't give you that blocked ear feeling and are really comfortable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Although the weather is hot in Crete the major part of the year, but because roads are dangerous and Greek drivers even more, I always wear my complete outfit when I take my bike, even for a very short drive (BAS 310 will be happy to read this!). I shiver when I see all those Greeks on their mopeds and bikes wearing tongs, T-shirts and shorts and no helmet! (Hello Ligkonakos in Rhodos!). Road traffic is dangerous; city traffic much more.
All my bike-live in Belgium I wore custom tailored leather and had a rain suit in my rear bag, but here I searched for something for both seasons (summer and winter: Greek don’t know spring and autumn), something light with air intakes and multiple protectors for the summer and with a thermo lining for the colder days. I found the Dainese superb, but very expensive. Finally, I bought the IXS described below (Swiss, but made in Vietnam!), which testers quoted “buyers’ tip”. Since I’m only 1m73 and thin, I needed special size trousers, which I found in Germany with a huge discount: I paid 340€ for vest and trousers. Incredible comfortable, fits like a glove, very well ventilated; a very good choice.
Here's my wardrobe:
IXS vest Montevideo 2
IXS trousers Caracas 2
Pearl Izumi bicycle underpants (with a nice po pad!)
Boots: Daytona Travel Star GTX (Germany)
Sixs biker long socks
Summer gloves: Rev’It Sand. I still have my old winter gloves IXS
Helmets: Caberg jet in the summer (I removed the visor) and for the colder periods I'll buy (try on first!) the new Nolan N100-5
A pair of bicycle sun glasses enclosing the eyes completely
In my bag: Dynaplug tyre repair set + 4 capsules, DIN 13167 pharmacy and safety vest, Kryptonite lock, Victorinox multitool. Tools are under the seat.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Neotec helmet with Carda Packtalk
Revit Gibson leather jacket or Dririder Textile
Revit hiviz vest
Revit Enterprise pants
Alpinestar boots
BMW GS gloves
Revit neck tube

I have proper back protectors in both jackets.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Macna Pants - Fulcrom Pro
Macna Jacket - Vosges all seasons
Macna Gloves - Summer Talon - Winter Neutron (heated)
Scorpion Helmet - ADX-1 Anima red white and blue.
DRIRider Boots - Storm Boots

Attachments

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Modular helmet, Dainese jacket, gloves, jeans.

In a lot of Europe protective gear is mandatory. In lots of the US, no helmet, t-shirt, flip flops and shorts are fine, but no lane splitting because tthat's too dangerous! Go figure. I cringe everytime I am in Florida.

Reactions: gregtixa

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got a bit of a collection of gear...I updated most of it last year. I tend to mix and match depending on what the weather or occasion is.

Textile
- BMW Rallye 3 Jacket
- BMW Rallye 3 Pants

Leather
- Dainese Puma Jacket
- Dainese Puma Pants

Gloves
- BMW GS Pro (1 pair red, 1 worn-out pair blue)
- Alpinestars GP Pro (well worn but soooooo comfortable)

Helmet
- Shoei NXR Beaufighter
- BMW Carbon Adventure

Boots
- BMW Allround Goretex
- Sidi Deep Rain

·
Registered
30 Posts
Shorts and flip flops ...couldn't resist :>)

I live in southern California so it doesn't really get very cold or rain often

Klim Merakesh summer/ firstgear kilimanjaro fall winter
Jeans and boots
HJC modular helmet
Deerskin roper gloves

·
Registered
116 Posts
Alpinestars trousers - Spada jacket - Scorpion helmet - Sidi boots.. ALWAYS

For all you that wear T shirts and shorts - cautionary tale.

Many years ago sat in A & E when we overheard the consultant talking to Police. Conversation went something like this:
I'm afraid that you are going to have to trace the relatives of the motorcyclist, she's died. Her injuries were quite survivable, but because she was only wearing shorts and top she has lost so much skin were weren't able to save her.
Something that has stuck with me ever since.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Alpinestars Leather Jacket.
Shoei RF1100 Helmet.
NeXX XD1 Helmet.
Touratech Dakar Helmet.
Triumph Jarez Mesh Jacket.
Triumph Jarez Mesh Pant.
Triumph Navigator Adv Jacket.
Alpinestars Dryster pant.
Triumph Leather hand gloves.
Alpinestars hand gloves with protection.
BMW Air hand gloves.
Dainese MIG Jacket.
Dainese MIG pant.
Dainese MIG gloves.
Dainese D core balaclava.
Dainese D core top and bottom inner wears.
Dainese summer balaclava.
Dainese armour.
Sidi track boots.
Alpinestars Toucan boots.
Alpinestars Belize boots.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've been wearing a Halvarssons jacket and gloves and Rebelhorn textile pants during the cool/rainy season. I may need to find something in mesh for the summer though. I use an LS2 helmet with some extra reflective tape added. If I'm going on a long ride, I wear hard armor under the pants. Side zip boots give me a bit of ankle protection, but not much, but they breathe well and keep my feet comfortable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Shark Evo 2 flip front - I prefer this over every other flip helmet because the chin piece goes all the way over so O can wear it like a half face. Box do one similar but it doesn't fit my head.

Otherwise it's a Hein Gericke jacket, bike boots plus kevlar jeans or HG trousers depending on the weather!

I rate the Held Air n Dry gloves as well though they're only three season's, not warm enough in the UK winter.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts