BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

What's everyone's MPG?

35K views 48 replies 37 participants last post by  jUST kRUSEN 
#1 ·
The gauge cluster on my G310R has been averaging 51 MPG give or take 1 MPG depending on how it's ridden. Seems to be a bit low compared to what it's rated for and what I've seen others have. Anyone experiencing the same?

#33 ·
Using old school calculations, not the computer display, I’m averaging 60-66 mpg per tank, with variances per tank dependent upon driving conditions for that particular tank. I have over 800 miles on the bike now since I purchased it 7/31/18 so I believe it’s all settled in. “Riding in” service was completed with 634 miles on the odometer. The computer shows an overall mpg of 62 & that seems about right. The mileage inludes a mixture of high speed (75-80 mph) & lots of around town riding as well.

#40 ·
In UK mpg terms (one Imperial gallon equals 1.2 US gallons), now that my GS has loosened off at 7000 miles, I tend to get a reading of mid to high eighties keeping up with a pal on a GS 1200. Motorway cruising reduces this to low to mid seventies. I check the actual every so often - the last time after going a run with a pal on a 1950s machine, so not overly fast, it worked out at 96 mpg. One day I'll manage to crack the 100 mark😊

#45 ·
From full @ 11 liters.

Ran my bike until the range read "--- miles" remaining.

143 miles total.

= 13 miles per 1.0 liter of fuel (E5 97 or 99 Octane).

= 59 mpg (UK)

= 49 mpg (US)

The GS is not ridden gingerly. Once those revs increase, she comes alive! 59 mpg for a whole lot of fun on every ride seems reasonable enough for the smiles per mile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.