BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Both whichever comes first. There is 2 parameters set when the bike is serviced by a BMW dealer one is 1year from the date of the service and the other is usually 10000km. The service warning gives a 2 stage warning the first just appears for a few seconds when the ignition is turned on near one of the parameters, the second warning is more of a nuisance because it will be displayed all the time and will delay the bike from starting for about 30sec by not allowing the display to return to normal. If you have triggered the 1year service warning like my bike has due to lockdown non use you can change the date settings on the display to back 1year and the service warning disappears, but if you have reached the km/mls parameter you will need a OBD2 scanner and App to reset the service parameters.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for the info, guys. I absolutely despise, hate, gaaahahhhhh my dealership. They are lazy, forgetful and just overall shitty. I have one of the ODB2 things already and the app and it's REALLY cool. I also have the 5 year warranty. What is your take on this whole getting dealer to service my bike? I am at 2000k as of last week and the only thing I have done are 2 oil changes. Do I really have to go to the dealer to keep my warranty intact? I have checked my electrical system, I bought a torque wrench to check all the bolts, I have tightened my chain. What are my options moving forward?

I hate my dealership...+ they are far. They suck and they're lazy and expensive!!!

·
Registered
2021 G310GS
7 Posts
Thank you very much for the info, guys. I absolutely despise, hate, gaaahahhhhh my dealership. They are lazy, forgetful and just overall shitty. I have one of the ODB2 things already and the app and it's REALLY cool. I also have the 5 year warranty. What is your take on this whole getting dealer to service my bike? I am at 2000k as of last week and the only thing I have done are 2 oil changes. Do I really have to go to the dealer to keep my warranty intact? I have checked my electrical system, I bought a torque wrench to check all the bolts, I have tightened my chain. What are my options moving forward?

I hate my dealership...+ they are far. They suck and they're lazy and expensive!!!

Can’t speak where you live but in the US, no, you do not have to have the dealer service to honor the warranty. (follow BMW’s specs for fluids and filters and follow the service schedule).
What it does help with is when it’s out of warranty and you had your bike dealer serviced per the recommendations they can throw you a bone and good will a repair out of warranty.

I like my local dealers service department but their sales team sucks.

·
Registered
2021 G310GS
7 Posts
My bikes service reminder was set for 1 year 6k miles from purchase date, they did not set for running in service.
I have a GS911 so no worries, for me, with the service reminder.

·
Registered
BMW G310R (2018)
25 Posts
Mine just came on based on elapsed twelve month period since the last service despite the bike only covering 3500km in that time! I just treated myself to an an OBD2 Link LX scanner too so I can link up to Moto Scan and turn it off when I've serviced it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts