BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2018 G 310GS
27 Posts
Hi Redz

I bought this one ENTX9-BS Enduroline Advanced Motorcycle Battery 12V 9Ah dimensions are almost identical so will fit in with a bit of persuasion. This batter combined with running the bike on higher octane super unleaded fuel should sort the problem although you may still need to give it a little bit of throttle when starting on cold winter days. Hope this helps.
Thank you, what's interesting is the battery is 1/2 of the cost of the OEM Triumph battery. That's definitely a plus

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
An update on my ongoing saga is that the bike went back to the supplying dealer for 3 weeks. Initially BMW told them to try some different clutch settings but that made no difference. They inspected the clutch and could find nothing wrong visually. The dealer then took a video of the bike juddering when pulling away on a sloping road and finally BMW agreed to replace the clutch. As the water pump is mounted on the clutch cover, after being removed a number of times it didn't like being disturbed and started leaking so that was replaced as well.

I am yet to take the on a long ride but all finally seems to have been resolved. It's just a shame that it took a year of being fobbed off, having to take it to another dealer and the threat of legal action before anything was finally done. In view of all of this I will not be buying BMW again as the product support should have been so much better from the outset. They have ended up doing what they should have done in the first place but in the process alienated a customer from the brand that could have spent much more money with them.

·
Registered
2018 G 310GS
27 Posts
Hi Redz

I bought this one ENTX9-BS Enduroline Advanced Motorcycle Battery 12V 9Ah dimensions are almost identical so will fit in with a bit of persuasion. This batter combined with running the bike on higher octane super unleaded fuel should sort the problem although you may still need to give it a little bit of throttle when starting on cold winter days. Hope this helps.
Hi Ken, thank you very much for this ... I live in St Catharines, Ontario/Canada and the shoulder seasons get cold fast! An upgraded battery will certainly help. Interesting results on the clutch ... this is my first ADV (lite) capable motorcycle and I'm having to manage my expectations and adapt to a very different riding style. Didn't factor that into the equation when I traded my Street Triple R. The clutch on the G310 GS has little or not friction point ... that was a first and an unexpected surprise and I'm not sure if there is a solution. Going forward ... in the spring I'm taking an off road rider trading course ... and buying a sport bike lol turns out I really miss the performance

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi Redz, the clutch on the 310GS is a strange one. Every other bike I have ridden with a wet clutch has a gradual take up and this is the first time I have had a clutch issue. I would suggest taking the bike back to your BMW Dealer as mine has now been resolved.

For my speed fix I also have a Yamaha MT09 SP with the glorious triple engine like your Street Triple R. As always you can never have too many bikes. Best of luck with the cold winters in Canada but at least you don't have to go miles to go somewhere you can legally ride off road as we do in parts of the UK. Best of luck with the course.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts