BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
G310 GS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to order a centre stand für my GS, but I don't know which one is the best for me. In the main it should be easy to handle.
Available are SW-Motech, Wunderlich, Hornig and Hepco&Becker. Can someone tell me any experience, please?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've installed the H&B. The installation was easy, but required some tricky creativity and brutal force to get the spring attached. The reason I choose the H&B was simple, I got a good deal at the Helsinki motorcycle exhibition 2019.
As I don't have experiences from center stands from other brands, I am not in a position to give any advice on which is the best. I may be wrong, but in my opinion a center stand is a center stand, period. My G310GS is easy to get up and down on the H&B stand. The bike is standing steady on even ground. Since I installed the H&B stand, I don't use my racing stand any more. Removing one wheel is no problem, as the center stand is close to the ⚖center of gravity (slightly aft of it) the bike leans towards the end where there is a counter weight (a wheel).

·
Registered
G310 GS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, hasselman
The spring-installation seems to be a problem at all the stands, but I think, I will outsmart it 😁.
Important for me is to get up the moto easy. There are quite differences between the stands.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thank you, hasselman
The spring-installation seems to be a problem at all the stands, but I think, I will outsmart it 😁.
I'm sure you will. Women are smarter than men. Because generally women are physically weaker, you have to be smarter. We men use brutal force. If that doesn't help, we add more force. Sometimes we add force until something breaks. our backs or the bike :cautious:
I would want to suggest the penny-trick, but you're in the euro-zone and don't have pennies. Use 5 cents instead. I earlier considered the 5 cents useless, but for this purpose they are very good.
Important for me is to get up the moto easy.
For that the H&B works fine.
There are quite differences between the stands.
Off that, I have no experience. As I had no need to test different center stands for the G310GS, I can only speak for the H&B stand.

·
Registered
G310 GS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The penny/cent-trick is great 😀(y) All right, the H&B is on my shortlist now.

Second on the list is the stand from Wunderlich. Maybe someone has experience?

·
Registered
52 Posts
i am looking at centre stands as well so far the wunderlich is my first choice due to the instructions seem clearer (both sites have pdf files) also the wunderlich stand come with a spring puller , and the price is about the same ... the game changer will be the P&P

·
Registered
G310GS 2019
1 Posts
i am looking at centre stands as well so far the wunderlich is my first choice due to the instructions seem clearer (both sites have pdf files) also the wunderlich stand come with a spring puller , and the price is about the same ... the game changer will be the P&P
I have just acquired a SW Motech centre stand and I am preparing to fit it. In the first exploratory look I encountered slight difficulty fitting the spring mounting plate. I am just learning how to withdraw the screw from the chain roller - these instructions seem to be a slight over-simplification

·
Registered
112 Posts
I suggest that you do a search on this site for info. on center stands. There are many threads.
There have been problems listed with the Wunderlich stands, both before and after they made modifications

·
Registered
52 Posts
I suggest that you do a search on this site for info. on center stands. There are many threads.
There have been problems listed with the Wunderlich stands, both before and after they made modifications
i agree because the original quiote was mine before i fitted the stand , in the end i sent it back for a refund , my conclusion was that it would fit a a G310R but not a G310GS due to the fact the GS has a larger front wheel thus tipping the back wheel back to rest on the ground

1 - 11 of 11 Posts