BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
This made a huge difference for me.... The wind noise was killing me without it... Not a big fan of the setup on the pins and the metal plates though but it is functional and inexpensive. Had to take it off when trailering the bike last weekend because the metal plates underneath were shifting and the whole thing was getting loose though. All in all though it easily gets the wind over my head and I have a long torso. I have the givi windscreen if that helps. I am looking over it. Some people have complained about an optical issue if they are looking through it to ride but it sits below my normal field of view.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome this is helpful. I have looked at similar low budget options on ebay. Can this be attached with say a thin rubber material under the clamp - maybe to help it hold better and avoid scratching the shield?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Since i havent reattached it yet, here is what is there. Rubber goes around the windshield, metal inside the rubber to prevent any scratching. The downside is the metal has a tendency to walk on you while you are tightening it. Would be better if it had two sides to lock it in place but its functional

edit - ....and I just dropped one of the metal strips and cant find it now while I was trying to install it in the garage....🤬

Hand tool Tool Wood Household hardware Bicycle part

1 - 6 of 6 Posts