BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the process of fitting a ZTech windscreen to my gs. All was going ok until I tried to put in the top screws, seemed like they were too long, checked that with a small Allen key plenty of room. Must be crossed thread.
To my question, how do you remove the plastics around the dash/headlight to access the threads? If I had a metric tap I’d run that through, but I don’t. So I’m thing a close look to see if the thread is ok. Threads on the screws are fine.
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’m in the process of fitting a ZTech windscreen to my gs. All was going ok until I tried to put in the top screws, seemed like they were too long, checked that with a small Allen key plenty of room. Must be crossed thread.
To my question, how do you remove the plastics around the dash/headlight to access the threads? If I had a metric tap I’d run that through, but I don’t. So I’m thing a close look to see if the thread is ok. Threads on the screws are fine.
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers
Hi I fitted my Z-Technic vstream screen last night and had exactly the same thoughts as you, just hand tighten at first till tight (Does feel like its cross threaded) but then tighten with allen key or ratchet ... it does work trust me. I removed screen about three times last night, then tried bolts on their own and scratched my head for half an hour.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts