BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have seen windscreens for the G310r too but don’t know where.
It might be from one of the German bmw suppliers like wunderlich, MV motorrad technik or Hornig (your first picture is from Hornig I just see)
I have been riding bmw’s with windscreens and full fairings but love to ride now with my nose in the wind.
No problems with noise and turbulence anymore !

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought the second one on a German website, just have my G310R for 2 weeks now. Didn't have time yet to install it :smile2: As soon as I did it, I will let you know what it's like.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I’m interested how a windscreen will effect the handle ability.
Because the G is a very lightweight bike a windscreen might have an influence on how the bike (re)acts.
As I said before, I have been riding with windscreens and full fairings but now I love to keep my nose in the wind.
It can be a totally different story when temperatures will drop below zero degrees Celsius but then I still have my bicycle to keep me warm 😜

·
Registered
308 Posts
Im interested in a screen and viewed the 2 you mention Bas, risk as to weather the `yam` one fits ok, I'm off the bike show at our NEC, may be on view there, does anyone use helmet, body or bike cam and could give their info of cameras, again there should be some to try at the NEC next month, any one else going the bike show (in the UK I mean ) !!!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Is the one you fitted showing on the Yamaha advert Boer ? could you get smoke and clear ? looks smarter than the one for the 310 I think.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have. It works great.
Hi Boer,

I ordered the same one, but it came with a manual for the Kawasaki Z800.
Looks like it doesn't fit... Can you show me a picture from the mounting part? So driver's side of the windscreen.
I already mailed the manufacturer but they don't give me a satisfying answer..
looks like I don't have all mounting parts.

Thanks in advance man! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I find windscreens very convenient and useful, however, I don't like how the bike looks with it. I had the same issue with my last car's hood protector. It seemed so stupid with it, but it helped a lot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts