BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new windshield from Twisted Throttle installed and my handguards from Cycle Gear on. We had a temp around 50 here in Illinois today and after not riding for 3 weeks tomorrow I was able to get out and ride 58 miles. Had a nice ride and a guy at the gas station wanted to know all about my bike. Didn't see any other bikes out. The windshield works really well and I think the hand guards do also. I also have some Oxford heated grip wraps on and they work well too.

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hello Runride,
The windshield looks great.
I'm not a windshield rider anymore but you make me think about putting on a windshield.
Can you make a picture from the left or right hand side ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Runride,
Is this the MRA Motorcycle Windscreen?
They offer it in Clear, Smoked and Black.

It seems that you have the "smoked" version, is this correct?

Thanks,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks like the MRA to me as well. Ordered it last weekend but it hasn't arrived yet...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks like the MRA to me as well. Ordered it last weekend but it hasn't arrived yet...
If you ordered it from Twisted Throttle they told me last week they are on a 6 week back order. So I ordered mine from a place in Japan, Webike and had it in a week. There are very few places to get bike specific parts in the states and I did not want to wait 6 weeks. Shipping from the one eBay sellers in Germany was ridiculous, but oddly from Japan it was cheap. The Yen is lower now, so it would be $4 cheaper over what I paid last week.

Install was made allot easier with the post here on putting the brackets on the windshield first.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it is the MRA windshield and did order it from Twisted Throttle. I think it works well as keeps the wind off your chest.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Install was made allot easier with the post here on putting the brackets on the windshield first.
Ordered it from Motea in Germany, and already got the email it is on it's way. Thanks for the tip for easy installation! :smile2:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, the windshield mounts using the handlebar bolts; the instructions have pictures and I had a little trouble getting things right but I am not very mechanical but got it on.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi R, thanks, a few screens to fit 310 now but checked with twisted throttle in US and only have one so we can figure which one does look better on the bike than I thort ! is it connected under the front 2 handle bar bolts ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Runride, thanks for posting. Riding in Colorado can get a bit cool this time of year and just got the G310R. I copied you and others on windshield. Twisted Throttle had it in stock. I am debating betweeen the Trackside brush guards from CycleGear or the Barkbuster Storm handguards from Twisted Throttle - different mounting requirents. Thanks again for posting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts