BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone in the uk got any preference or brought a windshield / visor that they are happy with.
Your thoughts please as I would like to get one. Thx

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got a Wunderlich touring windshield. It's made specifically for the 310R, so there is no adjusting to do when you install it, which is not difficult. It's extremely solid when it's bolted on, more so than any other windshield I've seen. Very high quality. It gives me good protection when riding, with no buffeting. Yes, it costs more than other windshields that fit a 310, but in my opinion it's worth it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
G310GS no flop windshield

Just received and installed a windshield ordered through Amazon. Was hesitant due to the low price (meaning from China) but at $78.00 gave it a shot. Actually received it rather quickly. Reason for buying was the photo image showing "reinforcing" arms that attach from new 5th & 6th holes in the shield to existing screws on the faring.
(see photos...sorry about orientations).

Issues? absolutely no documentation or instructions, so mounting was a trial & error proposition. But once figured out...works great with no flutter at any speed (89+mph).
The optical quality is not so hot, but since I'm looking over the top of the shield it is not an issue.
Shield is 20.5' high (from top of headlight to top of screen.

Chinese company is pls customer service or search Amazon for G310GS windshields.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
G310GS no flop windshield

Just received and installed a windshield ordered through Amazon. Was hesitant due to the low price (meaning from China) but at $78.00 gave it a shot. Actually received it rather quickly. Reason for buying was the photo image showing "reinforcing" arms that attach from new 5th & 6th holes in the shield to existing screws on the faring.
(see photos...sorry about orientations).

Issues? absolutely no documentation or instructions, so mounting was a trial & error proposition. But once figured out...works great with no flutter at any speed (89+mph).
The optical quality is not so hot, but since I'm looking over the top of the shield it is not an issue.
Shield is 20.5' high (from top of headlight to top of screen.

Chinese company is pls customer service or search Amazon for G310GS windshields.
I thought about adding 2 'arms' like you have with your screen to stop my Puig touring screen from wobbling.
The problem is that 2 of the 4 mounting points only attach to just the plastic headlight surround so basically my entire screen wobbles. It's not so bad on the open road because the wind force tends to keep pressure on it. But for anything off-road over bumps or even in town on uneven surfaces its quite embarrassing! My idea would be to find a length of aluminium tube (say 10 or 12mm diameter) and fabricate something.....maybe include a bar for GPS mount .
Has anyone else made something similar ???

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310R, 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650cc
54 Posts
I have a 2019 G310R and have found the Pugh screens to be well made and fit securely to a number of mounting points and work well at deflection the air from the rider.

·
Registered
2017 BMW G310R
43 Posts
I’m not in the UK as requested but I’m going to answer anyway...
The same PUIG smoked windscreen was installed by the dealer on my 2017 R.
Fits nicely, not very tall but solid.

Be aware that you have to tight the fork screw at a specific torque.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have a Puig touring screen with an MRA Vario blade on top.
I’m 183cm tall and with this setup the wind blast hits my peak but with no buffeting.
Now I have added 6mm spacers to the bottom and 12mm spacers to the top screen mountings.
Now the wind blast is clearing the top of my helmet.
However I do think that ANY taller windshield needs supporting ‘arms’ fixed to somewhere solid to stop the screen wobbling on uneven surfaces at low speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts