BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new rider, and feel a bit buffeted by the wind at higher speeds. I'm keen to do some longer trips, including some highway cruising. Is it worth getting a windshield? Does it make much difference? If so... which one is recommended for a 2021 G310GS? Thanks!

·
Registered
G310GS 2018
604 Posts
Ubiquitous on any motorcycle related forum is a thread about windscreens/-shields, one about oil and one about tires. Common for all of those threads are that there is as many opinions as participants in the thread. And every participant has the only right opinion.
You have opened Pandora's box.

·
Registered
G310R
5 Posts
I recently installed one on my R variant. It seems like the draft hitting my torso has been reduced, while increasing it at my head. Honestly I haven't noticed much improvement over all with me getting pushed around. It's been on a week so far and may come back with different thoughts.

·
Registered
409 Posts
hi tpc, yep I fully uderstand the buffeting problem.
I put on a MRA screen within the first few weeks, and it helps greatly.
You're never going to get rid of all the buffeting [unless you get in a car.!]
as hasselman says there are many differing answers to this question.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Never thought of getting an adjustable one. I'm just under 6 feet tall and the cheap window is perfect for me, really helps. I highly recommend a windshield upgrade, whatever you decide to with.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have fitted a Powerbronze, I am only 5'8'' and it works really well, good quality and looks good, its very much personal choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a new rider, and feel a bit buffeted by the wind at higher speeds. I'm keen to do some longer trips, including some highway cruising. Is it worth getting a windshield? Does it make much difference? If so... which one is recommended for a 2021 G310GS? Thanks!
I install puig windshield and I saw big difrent driving on highway

·
Registered
210 Posts
Short of going with a real designed fairing package, it’s a crap shoot. One just has to keep trying til you find what works for you. There’s just nothing like true wind control. Completely changes the ride. But you’ll not get it by adding just a windshield. Well highly unlikely with very subjective results. Without more than windshield all you can hope for is a functional compromise.
Try different combos and hopefully you’ll find something that works for you. Or learn to love the wind in your face and nothing to trip over off road or get bunged up in a nap scene.
If really bugs you, consider a different unit, ride an RT or even a Goldwing. I’ve ridden an RT in downpours and did not even get wet! All whist listening to radio….at 80mph awesome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts