BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Generally, European cars cost more to service than Japanese. Is this the case with the 310r? What does yearly service cost at a bmw dealership? Does it have to be performed at a bmw dealership? I have no idea how to work on a motorcycle and even if I did, I have no place to do it.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I do my own maintenance here in the parking lot, outside. It's not hard if you study it a bit and get proper tools. This way it's pretty inexpensive and for me the most important thing is I don't have to spend a bunch of time making an appointment, physically going to the dealership during my workday, wait a bunch, then ride all the way (40 minutes or so each way) back during working hours. Plus I know it's been done correctly. I make mistakes, but so do professional garages, let me tell you.
Service costs vary of course depending on what's needed, and also on where in the world you happen to be located, and whether you want to bring it to a BMW dealer or an independent shop. My guesstimate of an average annual service cost, excluding tires and batteries, would be say $250.

Reactions: G0MYW

·
Registered
939 Posts
When started riding motorcycles I maintained the bikes myself.
I was young and had not much money to spend and ...... I was interested in mechanics.
Now getting older and busier, I bring the bike to my dealer.
It’s only a few km’s from my house and if I want, they pick the bike up (by van) and bring it back after service.
For the last service (bike 2 years old, including brake oil) I payed € 190,00 which in my opinion is a reasonable price (for BMW service).

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
If you consider exchange rates, that's more than I spend per year on service at my dealer (AU$270). Having a good dealer and knowing service costs before hand with no surprises makes a world of difference. My dealer has been in business for over 100 years, they live and breath customer service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts