BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
BMW 310GS 2019
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the 22 bolts that required removal for the air filter, replacing the rear shock was an absolute doddle. Jack the bike up, side panels off, although I only needed to remove one side, two bolts for the plastic shock protector and Top and bottom shock mount bolts.
Not got time to try it out as I'm off to work shortly but tomorrow's bright, if cold, so will get out then and see what a difference it's made.
It has +/- 5mm ride height adjustment so have put it on the shortest setting, as the bikes currently in GSR mode, to lower the back, as the front is already lower due to the 17" wheel but will Jack the rear up to the longest setting when I put the off road wheels back on for better ground clearance.
I think the preload comes set for your average rider weight so have left that for now and put the rebound damping to the middle of the 30 clicks.
I can now get both feet flat on the floor.
Roll on tomorrow 馃榾
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Bicycle part Bumper

Registered
BMW 310GS 2019
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
YSS mz456-315trl-64-88
I think you may be able to specify a heavier spring, mine is just the standard one as I'm a pretty average weight.
They also do a shorter one to lower the seat height more than the +/-5mm adjustment it has.
I got mine from Brooks Suspension in Bradford when they had a black Friday sale 10% off but back to normal price now. Although the site show's a red spring, I think it comes in black, you maybe able to specify red but not 100% sure on that aspect.
Microphone White Font Audio equipment Gas

Registered
BMW 310GS 2019
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been out today with the new rear shock fitted, the roads didn't dry out completely and it was bloody cold so wasn't able to push too hard but the ride felt really good, damping was much better and hitting bumps mid corner didn't have the rear kicking out like it would usually do, felt firmer and with none of the seasawy front to back when braking or accelerating.
Will try a few different settings down my favourite Twisties when the weather improves.
I've also changed the front fork oil to the grade and air gap rally raid recommend for their fork kit (damping side only) but with the standard spring still fitted ( I think over 拢200 is a bit rich when you only get one spring) this has improved the front end too at just the cost of a bottle of fork oil.
Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts